Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] SC v2.0 USER/USERDEBUG - GTKing PRO and GS-King X - "Normal" Build - 20200225

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sevsman View Post
    Good morning all,

Today I'll be returning my Nvidia Shield TV 2019 Pro because I really do t like the lack of customisation and I feel it's messing up the picture on some of my 4k rips.

Will this build and box (GT King Pro) send Dolby digital to my Bose soundbar when connected directly to it and is this the most up to date firmware available for this box?

Kind regards,

Nathan
    it should send just fine, but i never tried since i do not have a dolby digital decoder.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

it should send just fine, but i never tried since i do not have a dolby digital decoder.
      That's great mate. I've just sent the Shield back because the colours are seriously washed out on it and will be ordering the GT King Pro this afternoon although I can't believe that they're the same price on Amazon UK.

Will you be updating to 912P0 for it as I see that there's a Dolby fix included in the changelog.

Many many thanks for this mate

Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by sevsman View Post

That's great mate. I've just sent the Shield back because the colours are seriously washed out on it and will be ordering the GT King Pro this afternoon although I can't believe that they're the same price on Amazon UK.

Will you be updating to 912P0 for it as I see that there's a Dolby fix included in the changelog.

Many many thanks for this mate

Nathan
        Hey sevsman how is the pic quality vs shield pro 2019? Also the shield does Dolby vision so that's a plus for it but again it's all about the pic quality so please share your thoughts, thx.

Comment

Originally posted by ddogishere View Post

Hey sevsman how is the pic quality vs shield pro 2019? Also the shield does Dolby vision so that's a plus for it but again it's all about the pic quality so please share your thoughts, thx.
          Blimey, people are alive on these boards lol

Of my 5 or so posts I've had 1 reply and even that was only to one of the 2 questions and the second question on needed a "yes" or "no" :s

Anyway, I first bought a X88 Pro for £35 but sent it back due to some screen fragmenting kind of thing that I then found out was caused by the True Motion setting on my new LG TV. That aside, the box was absolutely great and streamed everything that I threw at it.

I then bought the Shield Pro 2019 that was £200 and meant to be amazing due to the Dolby and AI upscaling. All the film's I watch are fromifrom my Nas in 4k and I don't use Amazon TV all that much and I don't use Netflix at all.

I noticed no difference in sound atoat all my Bose Soundtouch 300 and the colour in films was absolutely terrible. After some YouTube searches I found a side by side comparison with the King Pro and the guy in the video even pointed out how washed out it is. A bright red plant was pink.

My test movies are usually transformers because there's so much going on and even Optimus prime is pink whereas on the £35 x88 he was bright shiny red. I also suffered system hangs and BBC iPlayer wouldn't work. Again, a Google search showed that this is a very widely spread issue and is all over the net.

What my massively tired head is trying to say is...... If you want to try one, make sure you buy it from somewhere that you can easily return it.

Now I'm on the GT King Pro and because Nothing here is anywhere near up to date and the support is lacking too I'm using the latest stock that's heavily debloated + root + TWRP.

Regards,

Nathan

Comment

Working...
          X