Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello there FREAKTAB community! What RK3188 Device to purchase for mainly XBMC usage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello there FREAKTAB community! What RK3188 Device to purchase for mainly XBMC usage?

Hello there FreakTab community!

Maybe a question long answered (but not found by me), what RK3188 device is most suitable for XBMC? Seeing as the newest build of XBMC for android, now supports HW acceleration and all that good stuff.....

I am still very confused about what works and what does not, and still confused as to what device i should purchase, what would you guys recommend to me?

I want to be able to browse the web, use the occasional android app and well use XBMC in High Def with HW accelerated video playback in 720p/1080p!!!

Amlogic support seems to be dropped (at least temporarily for now), so i might be better off steering clear of those devices?

A couple of suggestions would be awesome!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Xbmc with H/W acc is currently a alpha build.. = buggy as h*ll
    rk3188 needs a 1080kernel to display' a 1080p hdmi resolution (not many device's have a 1080kernel
    1080p playback depents on many factors.. h/w acc.. codec.. network speed.. video-player used..
    --
    Currenty.. the rk3188 units are limited to Sd/720p content only..
    as xbmc.. needs time to mature
    --
    There are alternative options..
    Xaf Xbmc build and wololo xbmc build.. these use 'mx-player' as external videoplayer (1080 capable)
    however.. mx does not play everthing and does not work on some xbmc addons nor those it do subtitle d/l's
    So, flawless 1080p is just a dream.. at this time and moment
    --
    my advice.. Wait.. for the holliday mayham
    don't buy a rk3188 as dedicated xbmc..
    amlogic.. is far better suited as xbmc player
    Before the chrismass newer quadcore amlogic units will flood the market.. perhaps even the rk32xx.. ect
    Last edited by mitchell4you; 10-16-2013, 06:59. Reason: typ0 / info

Comment

Geniatech ATV 1800

Just pre-ordered the ATV1800. I am crossing my fingers, hoping the firmware will be half way decent. I have the T428 cobbled up on top of my entertainment center. I am happy with it, but wanted a box. I don't even know when they are going to start shipping them,
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        Just pre-ordered the ATV1800. I am crossing my fingers, hoping the firmware will be half way decent. I have the T428 cobbled up on top of my entertainment center. I am happy with it, but wanted a box. I don't even know when they are going to start shipping them,
        NICE! hope you get it soon and please do everyone a favor and do a review on this unit (specially with XMBC). Thanks in advance.

Comment

I just accidentally bought a MK802IV last night! (accidentally because I put a random bid from a verified RKM supplier on **** of $47, not expecting to win, but, lo and behold, luck was on my side! lol). I'll be using it for *mostly* XBMC, so I'll offer in insight when it comes it and I flash it with neomode's latest CR

Comment

December delivery

Originally posted by buhohitr View Post
            NICE! hope you get it soon and please do everyone a favor and do a review on this unit (specially with XMBC). Thanks in advance.
            Just received a reply from Aliexpress, not shipping until December. Bummer
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
              Xbmc with H/W acc is currently a alpha build.. = buggy as h*ll
              rk3188 needs a 1080kernel to display' a 1080p hdmi resolution (not many device's have a 1080kernel
              1080p playback depents on many factors.. h/w acc.. codec.. network speed.. video-player used..
              --
              Currenty.. the rk3188 units are limited to Sd/720p content only..
              as xbmc.. needs time to mature
              --
              There are alternative options..
              Xaf Xbmc build and wololo xbmc build.. these use 'mx-player' as external videoplayer (1080 capable)
              however.. mx does not play everthing and does not work on some xbmc addons nor those it do subtitle d/l's
              So, flawless 1080p is just a dream.. at this time and moment
              --
              my advice.. Wait.. for the holliday mayham
              don't buy a rk3188 as dedicated xbmc..
              amlogic.. is far better suited as xbmc player
              Before the chrismass newer quadcore amlogic units will flood the market.. perhaps even the rk32xx.. ect

Yeah i did some digging and found that the ATV520, seems to be a good box for usage with XBMC and browsing etc. My problem is the pricing on the thing, it seems to go up and down, but all around the pricing i quite close to some quad core boxes. That is what is making me anxious, something new is always around the corner lol..... I might just wait a little bit to see, what the newer ATV models will do.

Awesome news man!!! Please do share your experiences when it arrives, we all want to know if it works with XBMC, and well how it all works overall.....

Originally posted by buhohitr View Post
              +1

Originally posted by nizar View Post
              I just accidentally bought a MK802IV last night! (accidentally because I put a random bid from a verified RKM supplier on **** of $47, not expecting to win, but, lo and behold, luck was on my side! lol). I'll be using it for *mostly* XBMC, so I'll offer in insight when it comes it and I flash it with neomode's latest CR
              CanĀ“t wait nizar!!!

Just received a reply from Aliexpress, not shipping until December. Bummer
              Just around the corner mate!!!!

I have made a thread with the purpose, of listing devices that support XBMC with HW acceleration:

Check out the thread and please share your experiences!

Cheers to all!

Comment

Working...
              X