Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead (almost?) H96 4K Ultra HD TV Box Rk3229

Hi,

I am pretty new in this matter (TV Boxes), so please forgive me for all the stupid questions I could ask about my H96 4K Ultra HD TV Box Rk3229. That one I`ve bought through the "Wish" site a year ago.
    On top of the box, it's written H96 4K Ultra HD TV Box Rk3229 (see picture 1).
    On the other hand, into the PO itself, the Seller mentions other things:
    "H96pro Plus Android 7.1 TV Box 3G Ram + 32gRom Amlogic S912 4K Dual WiFi 2.4 / 5.8 Smart TV Box." (see picture 2)
    As you see - there is a difference between both, I would say that the hardware I have should be the real one (H96 only); I don't know even if Rk3229 and S912 come together (the same thing), or are they totally different (I found on some sites there aren't the same make) ...

Anyway, until a week or so the box was at least functioning. Then after a power failure into the neighborhood, the next day morning it was showing (and shows now) only the H98 logo during TV Box starting and that's it - it stays like that with the H96 logo on the screen.

I've taken a couple of pictures of the box and PCB inside, so if anybody could help me to find what kind of processor exactly I have (I think it is Rk3229) and an idea how to "revive" the box, will be greatly appreciated! I've read Android Tools should be used, I found one old version 1.2.1.2 and tried to connect to the box with USB-USB cable from computer to USB1 box input - not found .. probably am I doing it wrongly?!

Thanks in advance!
    Orline

P.S.
    1) I found where the RESET button is (behind the AV input, (see picture 7a), and keeping it pressed while plugging a USB-USB cable put the Box in Android Recovery Mode.
    2) Information on-screen confirms that this is RK3229 box, not S912 (see picture 10)
    Tried to make a factory reset (twice) - it worked, then rebooted, same welcome splash screen with H96 (picture 11) ...
    3) ... And there is a confirmation from internal LOG dor RK3229 (picture 12), please find a link to the ''cache-recovery-last_kmsg.pdf'' from TV Box :

P.S.(2) LAST question: Can one understand what is the Box Android version, looking on the previous LOG file found in the Box???
    Attached Files
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 9 photos.
    Last edited by Orline; 01-20-2020, 18:54.

Hi ,

the Sticker Info says it is a RK3229 ,,

first you must find the correct

working Rom for this PCB , what

Wifichip is used ??? , then you must

flash it with PC ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Thanks gefattern,

I' not an expert in the field, but looking into the log file that I've uploaded (https://app.box.com/s/q2sn2643pk4p0s0f97epjlt7285t8q1v), on pages 10 and 11 - it says realteck 8188EU USB WiFi Driver.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X