Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KM9PRO] Wifi Problem

Hello everyone ,
    sorry if broke any rules, it's my first post here.

I Have KM9PRO with the stockfirme .
    So my problem is I can't no more activate the WIFI . when I click on Wifi on , it putted on but he don't find any wifi and he self puted Off .
    when I made some search I found that i have Mac address like 02:00:00...
    I tried to root the device to remove the /data/misc/wifi ... files to resolve the wifi problem but can't even install TWRP via USB in recovery mode.
    I tried to change the firmeware i tried all the 3 firmeware KM9 / KM9PRO and KM3 . no one solved my wifi's problem.

I even bought a Donge wifi , it's not recognized ...

I beg you to help me, to backup my wifi again .

Thank you great warriors.

EDIT : even Ethernet doesn't work
    EDIT : I added specification for the box
    Hardware Specifications
    CPU Amlogic S905X2 Quad core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
    GPU Mail-G31 MP2 GPU
    SDRAM KM9 PRO: 4GB
    FLASH KM9 PRO: 32GB
    WiFi Built in 2.4G or 2.4G/5G Dual WiFi Support IEEE 802.11 b/g/n/ac
    Blutooth V4.0+HS
    LAN Ethernet 10/100M
    LED Indicator Smart breathing light
    OS Android 9.0 pie ATV
    HDR Dynamic HDR10, HDR10, HLG and Technicolor HDR processing
    3D Graphics ARM G31 MP2 GPU
    - 4-wide warps, dual texture pipe, 2x 4-wide execution engines (EE)
    - Concurrent multi-core processing
    - OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.0 and OpenCL 2.0 support
    Decoder format HD MPEG1/2/4,H.265/HEVC , HD AVC/VC-1,RM/RMVB,Xvid,RealVideo8/9/10
    Media format Supports *.mkv,*.wmv,*.mpg, *.mpeg, *.dat, *.avi, *.mov, *.iso, *.mp4, *.rm and *.jpg file formats
    Music format Supports MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, Ogg and programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing
    Photo format HD JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG/TIFF
    Network Function Miracast,,Airplay,Skype chatting,Picasa,Youtube,Flicker,Facebook,Online movies,etc.
    Language Chinese , English ,Germany ,Japanese, Korea etc. 24 languages
    OTA Support System OTA update, not Support Firmware(Bugs) Upgrade
    Last edited by Nirspote; 02-03-2020, 11:24.

Maybe this will help. http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry91797692 russian forum try to google translate.
    Here is youtube video but in russian too but I guess you will understand main thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvP9eFr5pLA&t=389s

Comment

Hello,

Thank you, I've already visited the russian forum and didn't find anything that help me.
      The video seems interesting, I'll watch it , thanks .

Comment

You need to register in this 4pda forum to see download links and other info under spoiler+ firmwares in first post, second row from bottom in russian. First one - ATV 9 ot 11.12.2019 is rooted one. And with this (rooted) one firmware you ned to do what this russian guy shows in the youtube video.

Comment

Hello Thank you , hahaha i tried to register but holly captcha ... can't even read correctly to search it in google translate :/

Comment

Hello Again ,

I succeded to register into russian forum, I downloaded the package , and followed the video .
            Ethernet worked fine, but Wifi still not working :/ , i tried to remove /data/misc/wifi folder but nothing happened ....

Any suggestions please ?
            Thanks

Comment

Hello again ,

I'm hopeless , can't repair wifi with copy/file into /system/usr/wifi ... ,and I can't turn wifi on any firmware for my KM9PRO.
              I tried the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvP9eFr5pLA&t=389s but i don't have wifi option in the begining when i parametrize the box , and can't activate wifi on menu .

Is there any firmware for KM9 can turn wifi on , even if it's 8.1.

PS : Sorry for my multiple post

Thanks guys

Comment

Have you tried flashing latest stock update firmware? I dont have that box, but I do know what it is and seen it..

Comment

Hello,

Yes I did, i flashed this from 4pda ATV 9 ?? 29.03.2019
                  But with this i don't have wifi and ethernet.
                  I don't know if it mean my box is broken or not, I'm noob at android tv boxes.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirspote View Post
                    Hello,

Yes I did, i flashed this from 4pda ATV 9 ?? 29.03.2019
                    But with this i don't have wifi and ethernet.
                    I don't know if it mean my box is broken or not, I'm noob at android tv boxes.

Thanks.
                    I was thinking along the lines of this one: https://androidpctv.com/firmware-km9-pro-rom/ I have always had best luck from that site rathe then from all other sites..
                    I know the release is pretty old now, but you just might have luck with that.

Is this a well known thing with these boxes? I mean I cant find anything that states it is.. and if its only happening with you.. you might wanna consider that
                    you might just bought a fake version of the real deal.. since ethernet works, can you verify that netflix is in full 4k? because if its real then its
                    google certified and all that should work. If its fake then the certificates are not present..

because its a weird issue that your talking about.. its like you have the wrong wifi/ethernet chips soldered to your board..

just do a bit of checking on the simple crap to make sure.. If it is a well known fact to happen, then reach out to the mecool company and tell them
                    to replace the crap. just make sure you didnt open the box first.. cause they or anyone wont if you did. and if you didnt open the box, and you dont see
                    a thin sticker anyone around the edges then its most likely a replica fake.............

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, first i bought this box from AliExpress, and i had wifi and ethernet before, it worked for like 7 months,and one day wifi is no more working, then i make a reset after that, wifi and ethernet not working anymore.
                      Since that i tried all stock firmware for km9, km9pro and k3, since they are interchangeable.
                      I was hopeless and bought a dongle wifi, I tested it on Pc and it work, but it not recognized on mecool (this is the wired thing happened)
                      I dont' know if it's commun problem in these boxes.
                      The mecool km9pro is certified google but not netflix, (so i use kodi for netflix).

I've checked in DRM and it's certified google.
                      Last edited by Nirspote; 02-02-2020, 16:05.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, first i bought this box from AliExpress, and i had wifi and ethernet before, it worked for like 7 months,and one day wifi is no more working, then i make a reset after that, wifi and ethernet not working anymore.
                        Since that i tried all stock firmware for km9, km9pro and k3, since they are interchangeable.
                        I was hopeless and bought a dongle wifi, I tested it on Pc and it work, but it not recognized on mecool (this is the wired thing happened)
                        I dont' know if it's commun problem in these boxes.
                        The mecool km9pro is certified google but not netflix, (so i use kodi for netflix).

I've checked in DRM and it's certified google.
                        well thats good.. at least we figured that much out, hmm. Dont you have a 1 year warranty or not? I will be honest with you though.. if you can afford it, get the
                        https://www.mi.com/us/mi-box-s they cost less then the mecool did, unless you got a discount, and they are 100% true Android TV fully certified..

and even know you cant find it with android 9, Android 9 is out on it OTA... or download the img.. and its Amlogic CPU.... cant remember which one....

But please dont let your first box experience deter you from ever getting another one.. I am pretty new to the Android Box stuff my self.. but I am a true Android Developer
                        for QualComm Devices.. So Im not a noob in that area.. if you have already opened your box or dont have a warranty anymore, if you feel comfortable
                        in opening y our box, then do so, and take a compressed AIR cleaner can, and clean the circuit board and everything around it.. even the backside if you can get to it.
                        I had to do this before as well on one of my boxes and it fixed my issue.. I once lost wifi as well.. something was touching the CHIP or something.. but anyhow.. I got it working again after cleaning it.. but I didnt use compress air.. I used a HEAT GUN, that I dont recommend you use unless you know what your doing and you can change the temp on it.
                        but it did work for me at least................

if you might need any further help or advice, you can find me on Telegram under the same Nickname....... msg me there.. im always available..

Comment

Thanks, i don't remeber if i have warranty or not, i'll try to open the box. Thanks.
                          Btw i tried the firm on androidpc, it stuck in pairing the remote control, and can't pair my remote (even if it working) and can't skip thid step. ( see attached)
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks, i don't remeber if i have warranty or not, i'll try to open the box. Thanks.
                            Btw i tried the firm on androidpc, it stuck in pairing the remote control, and can't pair my remote (even if it working) and can't skip thid step. ( see attached)
                            Yeah I know about that.. but if your box is 100% real that would of worked.. I dont get it.. cause the firmware released on androidpc is the real deal.... and I have used their firmware
                            many times for my boxes.. like the x96 Max s905x2. also flashed other firmware ontop of my x96 like the beelinks firmware for the s905x2..

but you not getting past the remote on that firmware, you dont have the bluetooth remote?

Comment

Everytime I flash a new Firmware , Bluetooth and Wifi are not working , and my mac adress is like 02:00:00:00 so it's borring .
                              I'm trying to find something on the web that explain how to read electronic circuits in Mecool xD
                              Last edited by Nirspote; 02-02-2020, 21:58.

Comment

Working...
                              X