Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modding Challenge (Remove Menu,Home & Back from status bar, restore Accounts & Sync to settings)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modding Challenge (Remove Menu,Home & Back from status bar, restore Accounts & Sync to settings)

Thanks to forum posts here and on other communitys i got my Next7p rooted (of course enabled Android Market) with all bloat removed... but i still some issues that i can't solve my self.

The device has capactive buttons below the screen (search,home,menu,back) yet despite that the default os image has home, back & menu on the status bar (I understand the reason for volume ones since it lacks hardware volume control). Also since it wasn't meant for android market they took out Accounts & Sync from the settings list but left it in the os (can be accessed by market apps).

Challenge: Remove home,menu,back from the next7p stock SystemUI.apk & Restore Accounts & Sync to Settings.apk

Here are the deodexed SystemUI.apk & Settings.apk for modifying... I look forward to someone potentially being able to solve my remaining annoyances with the device.

Files to mod:
    http://android.kcomputerzone.com/misc/next7p_mod-challenge.zip
    Google Galaxy Nexus (Rooted Stock) ~ I90250: ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 5.8.0.2, PrimeLC03 Bootloader, i90250XXLF1 Radio
    Google Nexus S (Rooted Stock) ~ I9020A: ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 5.8.0.2, I9020XXLC2 Bootloader, I9020XXKB3 Radio
    E-Fun Nextbook Premium 7 (Kustom Ginger v4) ~ Next7P: Android system recovery v1.3.38, RK29xxLoader(L) V2.20

My Roms/Mods: http://kcomputerzone.ca/pages/downloads/android.php

Originally posted by kibmcz View Post
    Thanks to forum posts here and on other communitys i got my Next7p rooted (of course enabled Android Market) with all bloat removed... but i still some issues that i can't solve my self.

The device has capactive buttons below the screen (search,home,menu,back) yet despite that the default os image has home, back & menu on the status bar (I understand the reason for volume ones since it lacks hardware volume control). Also since it wasn't meant for android market they took out Accounts & Sync from the settings list but left it in the os (can be accessed by market apps).

Challenge: Remove home,menu,back from the next7p stock SystemUI.apk & Restore Accounts & Sync to Settings.apk

Here are the deodexed SystemUI.apk & Settings.apk for modifying... I look forward to someone potentially being able to solve my remaining annoyances with the device.

Files to mod:
    http://android.kcomputerzone.com/misc/next7p_mod-challenge.zip
    Read the beta test thread. We are already working on the settings.apk. Soon as that is done ROM will be ready. As for status bar I added a "clear" one but testers prefer the stock one. So at least one thing will be done.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I may be alone in this, but I like having the Menu, Home, Back etc. in the status bar. I use these a lot when I am running programs or surfing. Only time I use the soft buttons on the actual tablet is when I am in full screen mode watching a movie, reading an eBook, or playing a HD game. This has a lot to do with the fact I usually use my tablet in landscape mode. The status bar and buttons move to the top of the screen where they should be, but the soft buttons on the tablet are now on the side in an unnatural position to use.

Anyone used to running Linux, can appreciate having these items at the top of the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Read the beta test thread. We are already working on the settings.apk. Soon as that is done ROM will be ready. As for status bar I added a "clear" one but testers prefer the stock one. So at least one thing will be done.

Bob
        Ah cool... when all is done could you provide me with the SystemUI.apk and Settings.apk for me to include? I'll give full credit to you and the team that works on it.
        Google Galaxy Nexus (Rooted Stock) ~ I90250: ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 5.8.0.2, PrimeLC03 Bootloader, i90250XXLF1 Radio
        Google Nexus S (Rooted Stock) ~ I9020A: ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 5.8.0.2, I9020XXLC2 Bootloader, I9020XXKB3 Radio
        E-Fun Nextbook Premium 7 (Kustom Ginger v4) ~ Next7P: Android system recovery v1.3.38, RK29xxLoader(L) V2.20

Comment

Originally posted by ZonaMojo View Post
          I may be alone in this, but I like having the Menu, Home, Back etc. in the status bar. I use these a lot when I am running programs or surfing. Only time I use the soft buttons on the actual tablet is when I am in full screen mode watching a movie, reading an eBook, or playing a HD game. This has a lot to do with the fact I usually use my tablet in landscape mode. The status bar and buttons move to the top of the screen where they should be, but the soft buttons on the tablet are now on the side in an unnatural position to use.

Anyone used to running Linux, can appreciate having these items at the top of the screen.
          I can understand that but it does have some side effects since in portrait mode it eats up space. Would it be ok to have the icons shrunk to take less space and reduce the gap between them?

Comment

I thought buttons come from the framework apk?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by montebello13 View Post
              I thought buttons come from the framework apk?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
              The placement of the buttons is in SystemUI but the core of it is probably in framework

Sent from my Kustom Kreme powered Nexus S

Comment

The placement of the buttons is in SystemUI but the core of it is probably in framework

thats right you would have to mod the framework res apk as well

Comment

Originally posted by xxjoshxxx View Post
                  thats right you would have to mod the framework res apk as well
                  If the framework has the core button instructions and systemui is just call to render them why wouldn't just modding systemui be enough?

I can add the deodexed (I got entire rom deodexed as test build on my next7p) framework as well later today tho.

Comment

IDK know why but if the framework isn't edited as well it wont work

Comment

If the framework has the core button instructions and systemui is just call to render them why wouldn't just modding systemui be enough?

I can add the deodexed (I got entire rom deodexed as test build on my next7p) framework as well later today tho.

could you upload the deodexed rom to freaktab id like to see if i could mod it

Comment

Originally posted by xxjoshxxx View Post
                        could you upload the deodexed rom to freaktab id like to see if i could mod it
                        It is update to my existing rom linked in signature but I will try to post the update later today .

If moddable I'd be happy to include the mods you do.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X