Skype problems on mk808

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype problems on mk808

I bought a Logitech C270 camera but Skype just won't work on my mk808. Not only videocals, it just can't establish a connection. Firstly I had the newest skype version which would crash every time I click Call. Then I deleted updates and returned to the factory version (which I got with mk808). I tried to call from my PC (other account) and it rings on mk808 but when I answer, mk808 shows that call goes (the time is counting) but on the PC it's still ringing and then I get an error message that there was a problem. The same is when I try to call from mk808 to PC. I answer from the PC, the conversation starts but on mk808 it's till ringing.

I'm on stock ROM (because due to some problems, I can't get any recovery to work, so there is no way to change ROM and I need a solution for a stock ROM). Don't try to suggest me other ROMs. Here are the informations:

Model number: mk808
    Android Version: 4.2.2
    Kernel version: 3.0.36+ rjh_V_3012#29 (Mon May 13 17:38:44 CST 2013).
    Build number: mk808_v304j2 2013-06-04 10:30:28

The problem is that I have to return the camera in next 2-3 days if it doesn't work. Will this camera work (so I can keep it) or I have to return it?

Someone has claimed that this device works on the MK808 going by this compatibility chart: https://docs.google.com/document/pub...gwYGBF6dhMGCIc

However, I just tried making a Skype call between my HTC HD7 and MK808B (with the C270 connected), and I got the same problem as you --- "Call failed". I'm using the newest version of Skype, with the MK808B_digitopMod_MINIX_NEO-G4_port (0730) _Sep2013 ROM.

I tried a different camera app, which didn't work either. The only thing I didn't do was look for a setting in the Skype app, because maybe there is a setting to use a USB webcam?

I did find someone confirming that this webcam works in Skype on an MK802III using Finless firmware:
    My C270 wont work on lastest stock firmware,
    but works on Finless ROM, stability is not perfect, but ok
    Just now I searched for C270 and found these posts in the MK808 Finless 1.7 Thread:

Also Logitech C270 works OK. I have turn on "USB Debugging".
    I have also C270 and Skype is OK. Finless 1.7c. :-)
    Also:
    Originally posted by Luko69 View Post
    I use this webcam with powered hub
    So I will have to check mine to see if I have USB Debugging enabled, and if it still doesn't work, I'll try it connected to a powered USB hub --- this might be required for it to work.

edit: --- posts from the Finless 4.2.2 thread:

I just installed this ROM and NO, the c270 camera no longer works
    Yes i heard that on Android 4.2.2 some webcam stopped working.

Comment

I bought that camera because I found on some topic that it works with stock ROM. As I said, I'm unable to flash anything so I'm stuck with the stock 4.2.2 ROM. I'll try USB debugging. But since the skype is crashing, I thought that it isn't problem in camera but in skype itself.

I'm using D-Link DUB-H7 powered hub with 5V 5A supply. Maybe is the USB type a problem? My hub is connected to USB OTG because on the other USB doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by XploD View Post
        I'm using D-Link DUB-H7 powered hub with 5V 5A supply. Maybe is the USB type a problem? My hub is connected to USB OTG because on the other USB doesn't work.
        Well, here is more of the post that I quoted:

Originally posted by Luko69 View Post
        I use this webcam with powered hub: D-Link 4-Port Hi-speed USB 2.0 Hub (DUB-H4/E), connected to a normal USB port.
        But then, on another forum someone said this:

With the last rom 1.5A, my usb camera C270 works fine with all applications on the market.
        It is plugged into usb otg.
        By the usb hub powered 5V 3A, it does not work, only the otg mk808
        Very strange. Another post:

Its working for me with the first kernel made by Kisz 720 and 1080 versions. Other than that I'm using a powered USB hub now. At first my cam would work for 2 seconds and then Skype would hang on me. This was caused by not enough juice. The firmware I'm using is the 1.6 finless bob version.
        Quoted these posts from: http://www.armtvtech.com/armtvtechfo...php?f=29&t=217

So next time I have a chance, I'll try looking for the USB Debugging option, along with testing the webcam through my powered USB hub. I did a little reading about "usb debugging" mode, and it seems that this probably won't do anything to benefit our situation --- I think it's intended only for situations where you have the device hooked up to a computer. I did read that the option is hidden in Android 4.2, so if you want to enable it, here is how: http://www.howtogeek.com/129728/how-...n-android-4.2/

Comment

Thanks. I'll try as soon as possible. Currently the camera is being used on my laptop. Unfortunately, my hub doesn't work when connected to a normal USB port because I'm using the hub to power my mk808 as well. So, the mk808 is connected to hub via normal USB cable and mk808's mini USB (where usually the charger was) is also connected on a fast-charging port on USB hub to get it's power. When I connect the hub to normal USB port, the mk808 shuts down (probably some short circuit).

Comment

As I said earlier, I first tried connecting the camera to the mini-usb port (using the included mini-usb to usb adapter) with the device powered by my TV (connected OTG to my TV's USB port). This didn't work (call failed message).

I just tested two more situations --- but first, I checked my options, and noticed that USB debugging was already enabled.

1. With TV powering the device via OTG port --> Tried connecting the camera to the USB hub, with the USB hub connected to the mini-usb port (using mini-usb to usb adapter). This did not work --- "call failed".

2. With TV powering the device via mini-usb port (not OTG) --> Tried connecting the camera to usb hub, with USB hub connected to OTG port. Worked fine --- made a ~5 minute call, audio and video both worked with no problem.

I didn't test situation #2 WITHOUT the USB hub, but I'll try that too at some point. I also didn't get a chance to test the MK808B's full sized USB port because the USB hub wouldn't reach --- in the future, I should be able to test it using an extension cord.

So it seems the camera is only recognized (for me) when it's connected to the OTG port.

Edit: ok I just tried connecting the camera to the otg port without the powered hub - I got the "call failed" message.
            Last edited by Bueno; 10-19-2013, 10:36.

Comment

Then I don't know what is my problem. Mine USB Hub is connected to OTG port and it's got even more power than it needs (5 amps, 16$ worth power supply). I'll try with mk808 powered by itself, not by the hub. And without remote and audio dac. If it doesn't work even then, then is the problem in my stock ROM.

Which other app did you use to test the camera, except skype?

Comment

I'll try with mk808 powered by itself, not by the hub.
                That's the only thing I would suggest to try.

If it doesn't work even then, then is the problem in my stock ROM.
                Yeah. As mentioned by a couple other people, Android 4.2.2 might break the camera's ability to work. The ROM I'm using is Android 4.1.1

edit: by the way, it is possible to flash some ROMs without using ClockWorkMod Recovery. You can flash through Windows using Finless Bob's Flash Tool. It has been said that Android 4.1 may be more stable than 4.2 on MK808 devices anyway.

Which other app did you use to test the camera, except skype?
                I only tried Skype when I had the camera hooked up to the powered USB hub.
                Last edited by Bueno; 10-19-2013, 22:11.

Comment

I think that previously I had a 4.1 ROM but I'm not sure. I flashed this ROM from geekbuying site a few weeks ago. I wanted to put Finless or Neo G4 port but after recovery problems I flashed this newest stock ROM via PC. But without Recovery, I wouldn't be able to recover the device in case it gets bricked.

Comment

'
                    Skype is buggy also for me with 4.2 Uhost2 fw Microsoft 5000 works in any app but Logitech C910 does not work in any app with powered USB hub or no tested.
                    Waiting for solution

Comment

Working...
                    X