Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Desktop on Allwinner H6 based Android TV Box

Hi ,

You can now run Debian Buster XFCE desktop on your Allwinner H6 TV box.

Debian XFCE as an application on Android Pie TV box based on Allwinner H6 SOC.

It runs as an application but requires root access.

Vasant

Why Pay for an app when you can get it all for free and boot of a SD for many many platforms:

Official versions of LibreELEC can be found in this thread on the official LE forum . The main developer of these versions is Jernej. https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/17...and-h6-boards/ (https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/17565-nightly-images-for-a64-h3-and-h6-boards/) Unofficial versions of LE and Armbian for Allwinner H6

and many many others

treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Apologies for the delayed response.

1. Besides additional cost of SD card, EMMC installation will be faster.

2. Our MicroXwin graphics is 2-3X faster than X11 based Linux graphics. Here is a comparison on ODROID-C2
      Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

3. Linux distribution cannot handle 4k playback on Youtube or even full HD. Booting into Android every time you want to use an application is not very efficient. With VolksPC OS you ca run both Android and Debian applications at the same time.

Hope this answers your questions.

Comment

VolksPC Hallo Vasant,

So, I read the original post... questions arise...
        Why is this post here?
        Oh, wait is the a developer posting a YouTube link to his underdevelopment apk?

Then I watch the Video... more questions arise...
        Are any hard facts going to be discussed in Video? NOPE.
        Are any links to official software posted in the description area? NOPE.
        Wait, did I just watch a video review of something already done and published by others? I am not sure, maybe.
        What is different about VolksPC OS ? What makes it better then all the rest? What is you hook? What is your catchphrase? I have no idea, nothing was explained at all.
        Is this better then AndroNix? Who knows...

Then I see trebor comment ""Why Pay for an app""
        So where did he even hear or see that information, cause I didn't LOL

Hope the criticism helps and maybe you can be more thorough in your posts next time.

Cheers,

Hack On
        Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 03-12-2020, 18:15. Reason: typo

Comment

• trebor
          trebor commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure of why of your mention, ?
          7 days ago (when originally posted) a quick google of the author
          was mentioned on the website, now its not
          Cant arrive 7 day after the event, you snooze you looze

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
        VolksPC Hallo Vasant,
        What is different about VolksPC OS ? What makes it better then all the rest? What is you hook? What is your catchphrase? I have no idea, nothing was explained at all.
        Is this better then AndroNix? Who knows...
        You are right the video is a little short on details. That is because we support many devices. But you can always check our website https://www.volkspc.org for more details.

Comment

• trebor
          trebor commented
          Editing a comment
          Freaktab likes to support, all open a free stuff and donations. as in users choice

Our Sponsors help keep the Servers/ISP and stuff in action happening

Self advertising/promotion for ones personal own gain is often not tolerated and can be classed as SPAM.

Lots of great work is found on Freaktab, and people who do it for Free, may ask for a donation towards the cause again users choice.

Hope we see your app on the free list soon.

Originally posted by VolksPC View Post
        Apologies for the delayed response.

1. Besides additional cost of SD card, EMMC installation will be faster.

2. Our MicroXwin graphics is 2-3X faster than X11 based Linux graphics. Here is a comparison on ODROID-C2
        Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

3. Linux distribution cannot handle 4k playback on Youtube or even full HD. Booting into Android every time you want to use an application is not very efficient. With VolksPC OS you ca run both Android and Debian applications at the same time.

Hope this answers your questions.
        Almost all the information in your message is not true. And strange, all the "inaccuracies" for some reason in favor of your system. Also, there is a lot of "inaccurate" information on your site, to put it mildly, and again with a bias solely in favor of your system. All this is very disturbing.

Comment

Working...
        X