got an unusual issue need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got an unusual issue need some help

ok so im not even sure where to start but anyway Im trying to help someone out with an issue and yes I know what there doing is going to make no sense but either way they ended up with the same issue on 2 different boxes so here I go.A guy I know has 2 of the exact same T95Q tv boxes hooked up to the same tv.One is his and one is his wifes.So his wifes is on HDMI1 and his on HDMI2.So after a few days he had an issue with his box making a noise and going black screen I though maybe setting in the tv or bad cable or power supply so I got him to switch the boxes but the same issue with his box.I took his box to my house and it ran overnight then went black screen then I unplugged it tried it same problem so I thought it must be defective.He sent it back got another box same brand after a few days the exact same issue.This time his daughter took the box and tried it on her tv and its doing the same thing.My question is why did 2 different boxes do the same thing im lost and yes I know there setup doesn't make sense but it works for them any ideas? the box doesn't shut down it just goes back sceen and wont respond to the remote.Id really appreciate any ideas as I cant see 2 boxes doing the exact same thing I guess I should have tested the first box more but I thought it was just defective

Is it going to sleep?

I have one and the first thing i did was replace the heatsink and the one on the processor i put on the GPU these things have horrible cooling and the glue used to attach the sink is like caulking

Another thing mentioned in a previous post is the power supplies are not very good, how stable is your supply voltage?

Comment

Originally posted by piperider View Post
      ok so im not even sure where to start but anyway Im trying to help someone out with an issue and yes I know what there doing is going to make no sense but either way they ended up with the same issue on 2 different boxes so here I go.A guy I know has 2 of the exact same T95Q tv boxes hooked up to the same tv.One is his and one is his wifes.So his wifes is on HDMI1 and his on HDMI2.So after a few days he had an issue with his box making a noise and going black screen I though maybe setting in the tv or bad cable or power supply so I got him to switch the boxes but the same issue with his box.I took his box to my house and it ran overnight then went black screen then I unplugged it tried it same problem so I thought it must be defective.He sent it back got another box same brand after a few days the exact same issue.This time his daughter took the box and tried it on her tv and its doing the same thing.My question is why did 2 different boxes do the same thing im lost and yes I know there setup doesn't make sense but it works for them any ideas? the box doesn't shut down it just goes back sceen and wont respond to the remote.Id really appreciate any ideas as I cant see 2 boxes doing the exact same thing I guess I should have tested the first box more but I thought it was just defective
      Hi ,

"stay awake" Option in DeveloperOptions maybe helps , maybe it is a EDID Problem , set to lower Resolution maybe helps ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

thanks guys I got a hold of the box it was locking up I wiped it out and reloaded it and its been running perfect not sure what happened but it happened with the 2 of them together on the same tv

Comment

Working...
        X