No announcement yet.

MTK helio x20 Mediatek MT6797x CARBAYTA tablet no mobile network bars or calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTK helio x20 Mediatek MT6797x CARBAYTA tablet no mobile network bars or calls

Tablet recognizes sim but doesn't show network bars & doesn't connect to any mobile network to make calls /SMS or data.
    Usually, the SIM card which I put in the tablet the apn for that carrier comes up automatically as it can read the carrier but just doesn't bring them in the list of networks available. A couple of networks comes of another carrier of 2g or 3g (forbidden) written in front of them & the network which comes can't connect to them.

it gives some kind of driver for Mediatek MT6797x (the chip I have in my tablet of CARBAYTA Processor Manufacturer: MTK helio x20 Screen size: 11.6 inch
    Network: 4G TLE & WIFI, CPU: MTK 6797, 10 cores

When phonedoctor ran to test call function:
    it ran: The system will test the connection to the mobile network operator automatically: Network operator, Network name, Access Technology, Support VOIP: = all came blank but in the main menu where call function is there, it gave a green checkmark & today's date.

In Cellular Network option when ran :
    Turn off Wi-fi, Turn on mobile data and make sure you're connected to your mobile network. Press the [start] below to start the test.
    Check chip : ok , Public Ip: x , Check error packet : 0

Public ip had a red cross sign.
    when back to the main menu Cellular Network option had a red cross in a circle.

Seems like it can't read the apn settings of the current mobile carrier or not able to connect to the mobile tower nearby.
    But when I ran some other apn settings app it does read the nearby power & some information I get is as follows :

Current network :
    Signal strength : -93dbm 26 asu
    Voice service : Emergency calls only
    Data Service : Disconnected
    Voice Network Type : Unknown
    Data Network Type : Unknown
    Voice call status : idle
    Roaming : Not roaming
    Set preferred Network type : LTE /TD-SCDMA/UMTS
    run ping test : fail
    ping Hostname (####google####) IPv4 : Fail(2)
    ping Hostname (####google$###) IPv6 : Fail(2)
    HTTP Client Test : Fail: IOException

Data Connection Real Time info:
    Message Waiting : false
    Call Redirect : false
    Data sent : 0pkts, 0 bytes
    Data Received : 0pkts, 0 bytes
    Number of PPP Reset Since Boot :
    Mobile Radio Power - checked
    VoLTE provisioned - checked
    Video Calling Provisioned - checked

SMSC : (+###-###-####) (brings up a mobile number of nearby tower when freshed.

Toggle DNS Check : 0.0.0.0 allowed

Cell info refresh rate (deprecated): choose immediate
    Neighbor Cell info (deprecated) No neighboring cells

ALL Cell mesurement info
    WCDMA

SRV MCC MNC LAC CID UARFCN PSC RSCP
    s 404 11 30041 68536 10757 53 -49
    404 11 30041 68536 10757 53 -49

Above is some info i was able to get from some apn testing software.
    Please let me know how can I get at least basic calls /SMS functions to work & tablet to get mobile bars. Tablet is without mobile network bars.

I do appreciate in advance if you can put me in the right path to get network bars.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by learnmobile View Post
    Tablet recognizes sim but doesn't show network bars & doesn't connect to any mobile network to make calls /SMS or data.
    Usually, the SIM card which I put in the tablet the apn for that carrier comes up automatically as it can read the carrier but just doesn't bring them in the list of networks available. A couple of networks comes of another carrier of 2g or 3g (forbidden) written in front of them & the network which comes can't connect to them.

it gives some kind of driver for Mediatek MT6797x (the chip I have in my tablet of CARBAYTA Processor Manufacturer: MTK helio x20 Screen size: 11.6 inch
    Network: 4G TLE & WIFI, CPU: MTK 6797, 10 cores

When phonedoctor ran to test call function:
    it ran: The system will test the connection to the mobile network operator automatically: Network operator, Network name, Access Technology, Support VOIP: = all came blank but in the main menu where call function is there, it gave a green checkmark & today's date.

In Cellular Network option when ran :
    Turn off Wi-fi, Turn on mobile data and make sure you're connected to your mobile network. Press the [start] below to start the test.
    Check chip : ok , Public Ip: x , Check error packet : 0

Public ip had a red cross sign.
    when back to the main menu Cellular Network option had a red cross in a circle.

Seems like it can't read the apn settings of the current mobile carrier or not able to connect to the mobile tower nearby.
    But when I ran some other apn settings app it does read the nearby power & some information I get is as follows :

Current network :
    Signal strength : -93dbm 26 asu
    Voice service : Emergency calls only
    Data Service : Disconnected
    Voice Network Type : Unknown
    Data Network Type : Unknown
    Voice call status : idle
    Roaming : Not roaming
    Set preferred Network type : LTE /TD-SCDMA/UMTS
    run ping test : fail
    ping Hostname (####google####) IPv4 : Fail(2)
    ping Hostname (####google$###) IPv6 : Fail(2)
    HTTP Client Test : Fail: IOException

Data Connection Real Time info:
    Message Waiting : false
    Call Redirect : false
    Data sent : 0pkts, 0 bytes
    Data Received : 0pkts, 0 bytes
    Number of PPP Reset Since Boot :
    Mobile Radio Power - checked
    VoLTE provisioned - checked
    Video Calling Provisioned - checked

SMSC : (+###-###-####) (brings up a mobile number of nearby tower when freshed.

Toggle DNS Check : 0.0.0.0 allowed

Cell info refresh rate (deprecated): choose immediate
    Neighbor Cell info (deprecated) No neighboring cells

ALL Cell mesurement info
    WCDMA

SRV MCC MNC LAC CID UARFCN PSC RSCP
    s 404 11 30041 68536 10757 53 -49
    404 11 30041 68536 10757 53 -49

Above is some info i was able to get from some apn testing software.
    Please let me know how can I get at least basic calls /SMS functions to work & tablet to get mobile bars. Tablet is without mobile network bars.

I do appreciate in advance if you can put me in the right path to get network bars.
    Thanks
    Hi ,

did you ever used MTK EngineerMode , there are Ways to open it , best to use a App from Store to check it ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
    X