Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I setup a 5ghz "hotspot"

Hi all,
    One of the smaller reasons I bought an X7 is because it of it's ability to create a hotspot and it's 5 and that it was 5ghz compatible.
    Is it possible to create a 5ghz hotspot? When I create a hotspot, it only emits a 2.4ghz hotspot.

Thanks.

Good question indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
      Good question indeed.
      It would be even better if someone knew it was possible ;-)

Comment

Good observation though, i havent tried the 2,4 band for that anyway, but i may need a dedicated access for my personal phone, 5ghz is quite a deserted band, no congestion at all.

i've seen a review where the AP tethering had a really good coverage area.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
          Good observation though, i havent tried the 2,4 band for that anyway, but i may need a dedicated access for my personal phone, 5ghz is quite a deserted band, no congestion at all.

i've seen a review where the AP tethering had a really good coverage area.
          Yeah, I live in an apartment block with 20+ other wifi networks around me, so a 5ghz hotspot would be awesome. Anyone know if this is even possible?

Comment

Did anyone ever work out if creating a 5ghz hotspot was possible, in the end?

Comment

I can assure you that every time Wi-Fi was brought up in this forum for future ideas, i've mentioned this request.

There is nothing out there .

Comment

Working...
              X