Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get Disney+ official app working on Mecool Kiii Pro??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone get Disney+ official app working on Mecool Kiii Pro??

Hey,

has anyone managed to get the Disney+ official app (Ver 1.1.5) working on Mecool Kiii Pro??

I have tried the stock 7.1.2 rom, Superceleron's Android TV and Normal Rom. I can get the Disney+ app to load with profiles etc but it just wont play anything.

I used the same app on my Minix U1 and H96 Plus with no problem, they both play everything!

Just seems to be a Mecool Kiii Pro problem. I have also tried various versions of the Disney+ app but no joy!

Any advice?

Thanks,

Branners6

Hello, I have the same problem with the meecol M8S Pro L

Comment

This is likely of no help...I have not watched Disney...since... Wonderful World of Disney ....ages ago.
      You probably need a certified device (widevine L1 - strict)
      If you get it to run at all on other devices...AdGuard(?),VPN(?), host file(?) root(?),Xposed(?) or combinations...feel free to share!

DRM info:
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...minfo&hl=en_IN

Android T.V.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/disney...-apk-download/

Regular Android

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/disney...-apk-download/

Comment

Hello, thank you. Already tested with and without vpn, the application launches, we see the various films, series, but as soon as we launch one of them, there is a circle that rotates continuously.
        Can't install the apk of the play store.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, good to hear it is not just me! I have read that the KM3 also has issues so it is defintely a Mecool issue.

I have used other non certified devices and the Disney+ app sideloaded no problem in perfect 1080p!

Will just have to keep an eye on the situation and see if one of the future apks works !

Comment

I've tested all the apps that exist, and none work

Comment

Not sure if its relevant but disney + works well on KM9 Pro even with 5.1 passthru on my avr

Comment

Assuming that it is not a MAC I.D. range block by Disney+ provider.

Possibly a Build.prop issue.
                Take a peek or share and edit the machine I.D. references?

***I boot-looped the last time I edited the Build.prop file. I think that time it saved as Build.prop.txt. ***

Comment

What to fix in build.prop ?

Comment

I have a Mecool M8S Pro+ and I have the same problem. I bought it almost a year ago, I only used it a couple of months before the Netflix chaos emerged (I bought it mostly for Netflix). Now I wanted it to give a second chance and run Disney+ and testing yesterday I run in the same problem, I live in latin america so I have to use a VPN, I can login in Disney+ and I can see the splash screen and the various series and movies, I can navigate through the menu and enter each item page, but when I try to play it the screen change to the loading screen as if its buffering (the rotating blue circle) and stays there forever.

Man this is probably the worst purchase that I made. This box was a way to replace my Chormecast but it didnt work. Like I said I'm from latin america, so if I want to screen Disney+ to the Chromecast I have not only to run the VPN in the phone, but also on Chromecast, I think I have a router with DD-WRT so I can put the VPN info on it.....

Comment

Hello
                      I have the same problem with the ms8 pro l
                      So I gave up

Comment

Try disabling L1. To do this find liboemcrypto.so on your box and rename it to libeomcrypto.so.bak. On the Mecool KIII pro, go to the root directory, then system > vendor > lib

Alternatively, if your box is rooted with magisk, install the liboemcrypto disabler module.

This fix works for the Netflix app (540 res only) so it should also work for Disney+ if it's an L1 DRM problem
                        Last edited by sepa; 05-01-2020, 05:09.

Comment

Another option is the Disney+ addon for Kodi, though you may still need to disable L1. You'll find it in the Slyguy repository: http://k.slyguy.xyz/

Kodi runs best on coreELEC, which will run on almost any Mecool box, and will also give you Netflix in 720 HD without needing to disable L1. Instructions to install it on a microSD (or USB stick) in this post

Comment

Anyone try the new 1.5.1 version which is now available?

Comment

Originally posted by Branners6 View Post
                              Anyone try the new 1.5.1 version which is now available?
                              Tried it, it didn't work .

Looks like Disney+ just isn't for this box .

Comment

Working...
                              X