Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"No network connection" message when trying to use BBC iPlayer app via Ethernet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"No network connection" message when trying to use BBC iPlayer app via Ethernet.

Hi all,
    For some reason, my BBC iPlayer app doesn't recognise that my X7 is connected to the internet via Ethernet. Therefore, when I try to play something, a "No network connection" message comes up. Other apps seem to recognise my ethernet connection fine but the BBC's doesn't.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

perhaps..

or
    perhaps
    Use the 'xbmc' addon to watch 'ibbc' content

Cheers
    Last edited by mitchell4you; 10-26-2013, 20:26. Reason: added xbmc addon link

Comment

Re: "No network connection" message when trying to use BBC iPlayer app via Ethernet.

Originally posted by iceberg View Post
      Hi all,
      For some reason, my BBC iPlayer app doesn't recognise that my X7 is connected to the internet via Ethernet. Therefore, when I try to play something, a "No network connection" message comes up. Other apps seem to recognise my ethernet connection fine but the BBC's doesn't.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
      The BBCs app only works over WiFi. Its always been like that. There's other apps too which are the same. I think its to do with location.Location services don't work with Ethernet on Android and these apps want to know where you are so you cant watch the BBC IPlayer outside the UK.

Sent from my Faea HY509S using Tapatalk

Comment

lol did not notice..hey lives in denmark

I think hey is using VPN... or proxy
        I think... it should work ( but disabling 'location' service in browser and android might be needed)

please keep-us informed.. iceberg
        if you get this working or not.. and please post your setup,if you get it to work.. so more ppl can enjoy bbc

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
          lol did not notice..hey lives in denmark

I think hey is using VPN... or proxy
          I think... it should work ( but disabling 'location' service in browser and android might be needed)

please keep-us informed.. iceberg
          if you get this working or not.. and please post your setup,if you get it to work.. so more ppl can enjoy bbc

Cheers
          Yep, I'm a Brit living in Denmark
          The solution of using the browser/iplaer website works intermittently for me, but that's also because I pay $5 per month for a DNS service that tricks the servers into thinking I'm in the UK. Also, as soon as I try to maximise the screen, the browser crashes... Not a great solution. Looks like I'm have to stick to my iPhone-Apple TV solution for now..

Comment

Re: "No network connection" message when trying to use BBC iPlayer app via Ethernet.

Originally posted by iceberg View Post
            Yep, I'm a Brit living in Denmark
            The solution of using the browser/iplaer website works intermittently for me, but that's also because I pay $5 per month for a DNS service that tricks the servers into thinking I'm in the UK. Also, as soon as I try to maximise the screen, the browser crashes... Not a great solution. Looks like I'm have to stick to my iPhone-Apple TV solution for now..
            Count yourself lucky you're living in Denmark! I just had to pay £150 for a TV licence.All for the pleasure of watching the IPlayer and Eastenders :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
              Count yourself lucky you're living in Denmark! I just had to pay £150 for a TV licence.All for the pleasure of watching the IPlayer and Eastenders :-(

Wow! is that what they cost now?
              Still, stuff ain't cheap over here either. 50% average tax rate is a bit of a "leveller" ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X