If the device is detected with thw matchstick trick

You dont NEED to short pins

Go back and watch video
    Keep reading reasearch
    Keep trying

Happy Testing

Comment

Originally posted by a4tech View Post
      I first hold pins 7 and 8 with a paper clip and then connect the device to the computer with the usb cable. But the loader does not recognize the device. So I press the hidden button on the av socket again with a matchstick.
      And I connect the device to the computer with a USB cable, in which case the device is detected.
      But after identification, when should I connect pins 7 and 8? Because in this case, it is no longer useful and the device does not re-program.
      Also, should the device be connected to electricity during operation?
      I would be grateful if you could explain the step-by-step method of pinning.
      Hi ,

you did nearly all good ,

short Pins , hold them

connect USB , ( no AV jack needed )

connect Power ,

now the PC makes a sound and you can see Box in Maskrommode in Tool ,

if this happens you can leave the Pins ,

now you can restore your Box , for sure you need right FW ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SHORT_MB.JPG
Views:	744
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	811482
        According to this photo, I connect the bases and perform your steps. But the computer does not make any sound. Only when using the av jack, the computer makes a sound and recognizes the device, in which case the device is not programmed.?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello a4tech. I believe you only need to short the pins (maskmode) IF you cannot get to the bootloader. you have the same samsung chip as I do. If you use the toothpick method and get the USB sound, then you are most likely at the bootloader. You don't need maskmode. Asd a mater of fact you really want to leave the bootloader alone. If you wipe the bootloader, then you not only need a recovery image, but would need to replace the bootloader as well. It could get even more complicated then.

Comment

Looking back at the posts in your pic you showed "Found one loader device" That is exactly where you want to be. Otherwise it would say "Maskmode" and would require a bootloader AND a recovery. Be careful as most of the recovery images do not have the bootloader. I honestly thing your only problem is the firmware. I understand you said it's the right one. But clearly something just isn't compatible with the one you are trying. However I did get that myself when I didn't erase the nandchip before flashing. So I would erase the nandchip first and then flash.

Comment

Originally posted by a4tech View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	SHORT_MB.JPG
Views:	744
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	811482
              According to this photo, I connect the bases and perform your steps. But the computer does not make any sound. Only when using the av jack, the computer makes a sound and recognizes the device, in which case the device is not programmed.?
              Hi ,

first , it is correct what User Boujii writes , you need for sure thre right Rom , if it can be

flashed without Problems in "LoaderMode" , if you still want the MRM Mode try the other

side from downside of the Chip , there you can see a circle on the left side of the solder row

and a small triangle on the right side of the solder row , second you can try the two round

golden plates on top of your marked sign , i had these plates on my UT3 and always could

reach the MRM without problems , really ,

but remember with the right FW it works in "LoaderMode" , erasing Nand is important too ,

further good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
              X