Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Journey: HK1 mini (RK3229) red/blue light, no picture on screen, bricked or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Journey: HK1 mini (RK3229) red/blue light, no picture on screen, bricked or something else?

Hi experts,

I'm a newbie to electronics, but really interested in this field, so I'm trying to fix an HK1 mini Android tv box for a family member.

The HK1 mini with the RK3229 chipset doesn't show a picture on the screen. It also doesn't show the blue light to indicate that it's turned on. This is what I've done:

- Measured the charger. The charger measures 5,2V which is correct for this charger of 5V
    - Other HDMI cable, still no picture
    - Opened the case, this is where it gets interesting. A small blue and red light on the board simultaneously light up. These lights weren't visible before opening the tv box.

After reading up a bit (on this forum) I guess it's bricked or worse. So I tried several Rockchip PC tools and different USB cables. Also different sequences of pressing the reset button behind the audio port, connecting the DC power, USB cable etc etc. My PC just doesn't recognize the HK1 mini. I installed the Rockchip Drivers before trying anything.

Firmware used: RK3229_HK1_MINI_SSV6051_9_20190919.1347.img

Even with formatting a micro sd card in FAT32 format with the correct image files nothing happens.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Lastly, I also tried to short circuit a couple of connection points but that didn't show up the HK1 mini on my PC either.

Many thanks! This is a short journey for me so any help is much appreciated .
    Last edited by kixac; 09-09-2020, 17:48.

Hmm.. Try another adaptor
    -Yes I have read that you measured 5.2 volts... But some adaptors are dual rail
    --One rail fails.. its still giving 5.2v, but the adaptor isnt giving enough amp to boot system ( = bootloop )

As personal exp : dont use those adaptors from CH that come with cheap tvboxes or CCTv stuff
    - I had two failty = 1 flames and 1 tripped fuse
    Now Im using only brand adapors : toshiba laptop 5v / HP thinclient 5v bricks

Cheers

Comment

mitchell4you Thanks mate! I will try another adaptor and let you know. edit: IF I can find one with the same connection :P...
      Last edited by kixac; 09-09-2020, 17:52.

Comment

mitchell4you Tried a completely new charger and also an iPad 12W 5,2V 2.5A charger with an usb cable to DC but no luck. Any other tips I can try? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kixac View Post
          It also doesn't show the blue light to indicate that it's turned on..
          This is wrong. Before the upgrade the led was : red - OFF , blue - ON
          After upgrade : very dim red - ON , blue OFF

I used the file from this thread ::: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...and-8-firmware

It is clearly stated you shouldn't upgrade to Android 9, because the bootloader is wrong.

Hope this helps

T

Comment

tin01 So you're saying I flashed the wrong firware? How come it already showed the red AND blue dimmed lights before I even flashed any firmware? I will try the firmware you gave me thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X