Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consistently "Abysmal" geekbench score for the allegeldy Tx6 device- battery preserving mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consistently "Abysmal" geekbench score for the allegeldy Tx6 device- battery preserving mode?

Hello,

The geekbench score for this device Case4u Tanix Tx6 with firmware "H6_9_4Gddr_20190722"

is just:

A normal Tx6 score should 600/1600 range but this is 1/6 of what it should be
    I mean, the box is not that bad, idk, i can atleast play FHD content from stremio and only the videoplayback is jerky but it gives a very low score dont it?

I also have a battery depleted warning icon on top right corner so maybe is it working in "low-battery" energy preserving mode?
    Last edited by I3ordo; 09-14-2020, 21:10.

Hmmmmmmm

What is geekbench?
    application?
    Have never used

Test results/data very confusing.
    How can allwinner H6

Read as amlogic x6 pro? Model in pics

Keep in mind allloser has been after low end tv box market since 2016/2017..

Maybe they borrowed code from amlogic based CPU

Comment

After getting the low score with the the h6_ 20190722 fw, i installed thr pendoo rom, which changed the devices name but seemed as compatible as the h6 fw. So i kept fw as it was better in some ways

Either way the scores are th e same..

A genuine or atleast the first bix tanix debuted last year was scoring 6 times more than this allegedly tx6 box can.

My confusion is how can a box 6 times slower than a tx6 still can play fhd videos in stremio app or fhd 60fps videos (with some jerkyness ofc) in youtube.

I mean it cant be that slow, there must be something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by I3ordo View Post
        Hello,

The geekbench score for this device Case4u Tanix Tx6 with firmware "H6_9_4Gddr_20190722"
        A normal Tx6 score should 600/1600 range but this is 1/6 of what it should be
        I mean, the box is not that bad, idk, i can atleast play FHD content from stremio and only the videoplayback is jerky but it gives a very low score dont it?
        I also have a battery depleted warning icon on top right corner so maybe is it working in "low-battery" energy preserving mode?
        That is normal correct score if you are using GEEKBENCH VERSION 5 , with single-core 103 and multi-core 247 for the low powered H6 Allwinner chip,
        the 600/1600 score you mentioned is from somebody testing with Geekbench4.
        For comparison, an old Amlogic S912 8-core CPU tested on Geekbench_5 scores SINGLE-core= 87 and MULTI-score= 481

I saw in another forum thread you complain about the CPU be Clocked at 1.5 GHz, that is normal for H6 chip on Android, if you install Linux Armbian with a more recent mainline kernel you can clock the CPU to its official rating of 1.8 GHz on Linux.

In my Tanix branded TX6 I am running the "H6_9_4Gddr_20190722" firmware, with some slight modifications the box runs very nicely, I would say just as good as the S912 chipped boxes.

Main things to change from that original ROM to get working reasonably :
        1) update Google Play Services
        2) update Google Play Store
        3) update the System apk "android.webview" with Bromite.org open-source build of System Webview
        4) change to kernel CPU governor to OnDemand to keep the device running a few degrees cooler.
        5) Freeze, Disable, or Uninstall System Apks that are not needed.
        6) Above all else if you are a Kodi user, immediately uninstall the version that comes with in the ROM, and get the official version from the Play Store.

More things can be done to increase the performance slightly, like change stuff over ADB to get the system operating better. force boot scripts to modify the kernel, as well as adding some edits to the /vendor/build.prop if you have the know-how, but that is usually to advance for most users that just want a TVbox to work as smoothly as a phone running Android.

Comment

RiCkLaR_atvX well that explains it all... v5 uses a different scoring algorithm...ofcourse it does! I am now convinced that the box would score something similar if benched with geekbench v4 instead of 5.

I am not expecting a huge increase in peformance by increasing the clock speed from 1.5 to 1.8ghz but i already changed the CPU governor from "default" to ""performance" which felt like it reduced some of the hiccups that occured during the cpu throttling... The app i used for changing the governor was : "Performance tweaker" (root) from playstore.

One other thing i am going to do is using this app for dynamically changing the hz of the display, to remove the judder that happens on the best hardware.
          https://androidpctv.com/afrd-automat...amlogic-tvbox/
          let you how it goes... update: this app works only on amlogic SoC's but it did not work as the Cpu was reportedly be sun-thing else!
          Last edited by I3ordo; 09-15-2020, 10:47.

Comment

Working...
          X