Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ethernet port mysteriously not working

Hi

I just stepped into the world of android mini PCs and went for the Minix Neo X5. I just got it a few days ago and I've loved every minute of using it so far with zero problems what so ever. I have Finless 1.2b flashed and it was working great until suddenly today the ethernet seems to refuse to work. The strange thing is it was working beautifully this morning, then I unplugged the ethernet cable from my laptop(I'm sharing my laptops internet) and plugged it in again later and nothing...it doesn't even try to look for an IP, it only has a MAC address.

I have tried rebooting, re-flashing(both Finless & Kirk), wiping data/dalvik, turning ethernet/wifi/bluetooth off and on multiple times and checked if it's my laptops ethernet port that is broken by sharing internet with my PS3(works). Despite all this, I have not seen any improvements and I'm all out of ideas...could it be that the ethernet port on my Minix suddenly decided to mysteriously die? I've been nothing but gentle with the device so I don't see why that would happen.

Wifi works, but I would prefer to use ethernet seeing as it's more stable and faster, as well as the fact that I would like to have a fully functioning device just on principle. I really hope there is a fix for this as I would prefer not having to send it back for a refund, but if I have to then I would need to flash the stock rom and sort out the recovery since I'm currently running CWM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if you think it's broken hardware I would appreciate some help in getting back to stock recovery+rom.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Could I potentially use something like this for ethernet? http://www.amazon.co.uk/BobjGear-Eth.../dp/B007RTACDM

Originally posted by xxTJxx View Post
    Hi

I just stepped into the world of android mini PCs and went for the Minix Neo X5. I just got it a few days ago and I've loved every minute of using it so far with zero problems what so ever. I have Finless 1.2b flashed and it was working great until suddenly today the ethernet seems to refuse to work. The strange thing is it was working beautifully this morning, then I unplugged the ethernet cable from my laptop(I'm sharing my laptops internet) and plugged it in again later and nothing...it doesn't even try to look for an IP, it only has a MAC address.

I have tried rebooting, re-flashing(both Finless & Kirk), wiping data/dalvik, turning ethernet/wifi/bluetooth off and on multiple times and checked if it's my laptops ethernet port that is broken by sharing internet with my PS3(works). Despite all this, I have not seen any improvements and I'm all out of ideas...could it be that the ethernet port on my Minix suddenly decided to mysteriously die? I've been nothing but gentle with the device so I don't see why that would happen.

Wifi works, but I would prefer to use ethernet seeing as it's more stable and faster, as well as the fact that I would like to have a fully functioning device just on principle. I really hope there is a fix for this as I would prefer not having to send it back for a refund, but if I have to then I would need to flash the stock rom and sort out the recovery since I'm currently running CWM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if you think it's broken hardware I would appreciate some help in getting back to stock recovery+rom.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Could I potentially use something like this for ethernet? http://www.amazon.co.uk/BobjGear-Eth.../dp/B007RTACDM
    From the MINIX facebook page:

unplugging the ethernet and then turning on the MINIX NEO X5 and the plugging in the ethernet at the same time. Make sure that you have the Wi-Fi settings on the X5 switched off as well, it won't work if you have Wi-Fi and Ethernet on at the same time.
    7 hours ago
    This could potentially also be of help:

Code:
    [URL]http://minixforums.com/threads/neo-x5-ethernet-not-always-starting-up-right.2002/[/URL]
    Cannot help you any further because i do not own the device, from what i have read ethernet does not work when WIFI is on. Try turning WIFI off and well just follow the suggestions given above.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X