Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x96s (4/32) stock rom to another x96s

hi
    I have two x96s stick, one comes with a firmware (8.1) that works very well and the other one has a firmware that never works like the other one (also with custom roms).
    I made a complete backup of the good one with twrp but i don't know how to flash it in the other stick.
    I try to restore the backup in the other stick with twrp but it gives to me an error when copy ODM part.
    The two sticks have the same hardware S905Y2 and realtek chip (single wifi 2,4ghz).
    How can i do a rom to flash the faulty stick?

thank you so much

Can try SLIMBOX rom, just don't format the bootloader if you have a 2GB-ram device because ROM is made for 4GB-ram device.
    A project to create firmware for TV boxes and sticks with an Amlogic processor. Amlogic S905X, S905X2, S905X3, S912, S922, S905W, S905W4, S905Y2, S905L (Android 9) Amlogic S905X4, S905W2, S905Y4 (Android 11) slimBOXtv ATV and AOSP are two...

Or stock firmware:
    X96S X96 MAX TX5 MAX ACEMAX M12N K1 PLUS S2 T2 KIII KII M8S+ IPTV 18 PRO,M8, M8N M8S M12 M10 Upgrading Software Download

Use "Amlogic USB Burning Tool v2.2.0" for files that are .IMG

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
      Can try SLIMBOX rom, just don't format the bootloader if you have a 2GB-ram device because ROM is made for 4GB-ram device.
      A project to create firmware for TV boxes and sticks with an Amlogic processor. Amlogic S905X, S905X2, S905X3, S912, S922, S905W, S905W4, S905Y2, S905L (Android 9) Amlogic S905X4, S905W2, S905Y4 (Android 11) slimBOXtv ATV and AOSP are two...

Or stock firmware:
      X96S X96 MAX TX5 MAX ACEMAX M12N K1 PLUS S2 T2 KIII KII M8S+ IPTV 18 PRO,M8, M8N M8S M12 M10 Upgrading Software Download

Cheers!
      Hi
      thank you for your answer... I tried the slimbox firmware.... It seems not so Hood wifi jeep disconnecting, i cant Watch a video from a mediaserver. My x96s seems strange, they are 4/32 with wifi only 2,4 ghz. The Memory chip Is a 32gb Samsung. How can i convert the backup that i made in a firmware for the other One?
      Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by tincom87 View Post
        My x96s seems strange, they are 4/32 with wifi only 2,4 ghz.
        I didn't know they made a 4gb/32gb with only 2.4GHz WiFi ONLY, are you sure it doesn't have 5GHz WiFi ? I know some of the cheap old WiFi modules from Realtek have both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi, but the 5GHz will only run at 5.2 or 5.4 GHz WiFi channel when most modern routers automatic switch to higher channel @5.8 GHz frequency by default.

The Memory chip Is a 32gb Samsung. How can i convert the backup that i made in a firmware for the other One?
        Your first post says you have problem using TWRP when Copy ODM, that is because ODM should NOT be copied from Android 8 to Android 9, or the opposite, whatever your exact case may be.

If the Slimbox Pie ROM is working great except for the WiFi, then use TWRP and only flash the good VENDOR backup you made, then see if ROM works 100% with WiFi.

But, if you can't get that one bad device to work with any stock Firmware/ROM maybe you bought a clone that has sub-standard internal parts, or device that requires a special uboot/bootloader to work correctly. Can also try loading CoreELEC software from a Micro-SDcard and see if the WiFi works correctly with the standard g12a_s905y2_4g.dtb file that comes with CoreELEC. Look on the CoreELEC forum and official website for instructions on how to prepare a bootable flash card if you have never used the software before.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Or stock firmware:

Cheers!
          I’ve tried doing this but no matter what image, cable, or burning tool version I use, I get stuck with a “disk inital error”

Comment

Is SlimBox Rom safe to use?

Yesterday I upgraded my X96S Tv Stick to SlimBox 11.6 and it had 5 malware on it, Android/Trojan.Boogr.gsh after the upgrade...I think maybe this isnt as safe as it use to be, does anyone know what this is....as far as I can tell it malware code that is used.

I wont be using the X96S tv stick anymore and search for another ROM. so sorry that this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by masher17 View Post
              Is SlimBox Rom safe to use?

Yesterday I upgraded my X96S Tv Stick to SlimBox 11.6 and it had 5 malware on it, Android/Trojan.Boogr.gsh after the upgrade...I think maybe this isnt as safe as it use to be, does anyone know what this is....as far as I can tell it malware code that is used.

I wont be using the X96S tv stick anymore and search for another ROM. so sorry that this happens.
              The ROM system files had Malware? Or just the modified apps the Slimhouse pre-installed in the ROM?

Remember no Antivirus software is 100% accurate and can have false positives for silly things like not matching apk signatures when apps have modified apk files, or even just bad code in a home-brew app. For reference the best AV testers are Bitdefender, Norton, and Avira. If you tested with Malwarebytes then most likely just false positives. If you trust your Android security to Malwarebytes then you most likely have already been hacked and all your passwords are on the dark web

Comment

The modified apps the SlimHouse Pre-installed in the Rom that wasn't used anymore, I guess in the 11.6 version was never deleted, and was left in it. I use Norton on everything and Malwarebytes on everything except for the 4K firestick has Eset antivirus on that.

I posted a photo of what was found and they are apks and a PS3 PlayStation apk also.

thanks for your input its always useful and welcomed.

Comment

Working...
                X