Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X96 Max Plus2 4/64 Install TWRP

Hi

I just got a few X96 Max Plus2 4/64 that i want to install TWRP on so i can do full backups
    They came with the latest update on them, X96Max_Plus2_20200818-2014_4GB_update

I searched and found this thread but i need a little more details
    Hi, Glad to share the updated firmware for X96 MAX Plus Amlogic S905x3 Android 9.0 8K Video Decode TV Box 2.4G+5.8G WiFi Bluetooth 1000Mbps LAN (https://www.geekbuying.com/item/X96-MAX-Plus-Amlogic-S905x3-Android-9-0-8K-Video-Decode-TV-Box-4GB-64G-422573.html?utm_source=freaktab.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=elain

that said TWRP 3.3.1 worked on this box but was with an older update, i assume that .img file still works with 20200818-2014 update.
    Is there a Guide i can follow that someone can point me to. As i am not sure i know enough to not make a mistake from that post alone.

I did this on my old box X96 Max a few years ago and i had to install Reboot Recovery and copy the TWRP.img file to and SD card i think, Is that required for this new box with PIE,
    Or can i just use the built in stock reboot menu and install from external

I am just trying to not guess my way through this.

Thanks for any help

Ok

I found a version of TWRP that runs like a portable app, that is it don't install you run it from USB.
    It is version TWRP 3.3.1 from file TWRP331_AML_ViT.zip

It was a file from the russian site 4pda from a file store here

It worked good to back up my box all partitions, as i have read some of the older version of TWRP would not back all partitions on this box.
    You chose update from ext from the recovery menu and select this file to run TWRP.

I had trouble pushing the button in the AV plug to boot into recovery what a pain,
    next time will try Recovery Reboot app to get to recovery, as that worked on my old X96 Max Android8.1 just fine, don't see why not on this new box android 9.
    Last edited by Rainey; 10-13-2020, 20:38.

Comment

I got the recovery to start, only when I restart is the stock recovery again. How can I install it on the device that twrp
      remains?

Comment

I have not found a way on this box, but I have an sdcard installed and just leave the vit file in the root of sd card. So it's always there.

On my old x96 max, I had to have a special signed version just for that box for it to install.

Comment

I forgot to say I installed slimbox firmware and never looked back. It has a power menu to boot into recovery.

I highly recommend this firmware for this device X96MAX plus

Comment

Originally posted by Rainey View Post
            I forgot to say I installed slimbox firmware and never looked back. It has a power menu to boot into recovery.

I highly recommend this firmware for this device X96MAX plus
            where can i download this firmware?

Comment

Working...
            X