Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More New Polaroid Tablets Coming! 10" tablet with glasses free 3D and more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More New Polaroid Tablets Coming! 10" tablet with glasses free 3D and more?

I was pretty impressed with the quality of the Polaroid PMID701c tablet I recently purchased. It's not perfect..but it's one of the best tablets I've seen under $100.

In doing some Googling on my new toy I came across posts of some new tablets Polaroid has in the works. One of the more exciting rumors is the 10" Polaroid tablet with glasses free 3D display that is supposedly already being pre-ordered in Europe.

Rumor is the 10" tablet has
    1.5GHz ARM-8 based processor
    512MB of RAM with 4GB of internal storage
    Ice Cream Sandwich OS
    HDMI output to play 1080p HD video on an external display,
    Display resolution 1024×768
    4:3 aspect ratio
    Glasses-free 3D display

Whether this will actually come to market in Europe or the U.S. remains to be seen. Pricing is up in the air too..although I've seen rumors of it being in the $330 USD range.

Some sources:

So far all the reports I've seen basically regurgitate the same facts.

I just thought I'd share this for the Polaroid fans in case someone's getting ready to pull the trigger on a mid range tablet and wants to hold off. If the glasses free 3D display is your thing you may want to wait and see if/when this is planned for a U.S. release.

10" 3D Tablet..No Camera?

So far I haven't seen anything about the 10" glasses free 3D tablet having any camera. You would think at $300+ it would have at least one.

Also no word of any 3G Mobile Broadband capabilites etc. The only thing I've seen mentioned is of course internet connectivity via straight 802.11b/g Wi-Fi.

Comment

Working...
    X