X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CS968 constant rebooting

Hi,

I'm new to the forum so bear with me...

I bought a CS968 Smart tv box and received it today, connected to pc and worked for a little while, couldnt get my external hdd to show under xbmc but thats a different problem, when I started Skype to test it a bit the player rebooted, showed 4 linux penguins in the left hand corner, showed R-Box and reboots again, does this forever.. any idea how to fix it? busy downloading the latest firmware to try and fix it but with my limited knowledge I might break it further...

did hold the reset button and eventually an android pic showed with a spinning cube type thing in the android man's chest, rebooted and again showed the penguins...

HELP!

now it just shows the 4 penguins with the android symbol and the spinning wireframe in it's chest, looks like a gear or something stuck to the droid's back...

Comment

Try another power adapter or Flash the stock rom

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
        Try another power adapter or Flash the stock rom
        busy downloading but only getting about 30kb/s!

after downloading the stock rom how do I update firmware? just use the rockchip batch tool? sorry for my ignorance...

Comment

I can't help you with that. You should pm hillyu

Comment

if you stayed any closer I would have bought you a beer now! changed the power adapter and the droid man came back for some time and booted into android, what a waste of my afternoon! so glad it works now at least...

still want to flash though so would be good to learn how...

Comment

Originally posted by booysenc View Post
              if you stayed any closer I would have bought you a beer now! changed the power adapter and the droid man came back for some time and booted into android, what a waste of my afternoon! so glad it works now at least...

Great, I' m happy I helped. You could mail me the beer with free shipping haha. Cheers

Comment

Hmm..
                Is that External HD still connected.. ?
                Perhaps.. it draining to much power.. is the external HD - external powered ?

- try removing the connected hardware : hd,webcam,lan,usb sticks,sdcard
                - try differend power source..
                - give the it sometime to cool off.. and inspected the unit/ports and cable's for issues

Comment

Check my new thread for root and update

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
                    Hmm..
                    Is that External HD still connected.. ?
                    Perhaps.. it draining to much power.. is the external HD - external powered ?

- try removing the connected hardware : hd,webcam,lan,usb sticks,sdcard
                    - try differend power source..
                    - give the it sometime to cool off.. and inspected the unit/ports and cable's for issues
                    HDD still connected, external powered 3.5" so doubt it was the problem, currently running from a 1.5A rated psu (original was 3A) but all seems fine, probably just a bad psu...

hdd is detected by android, shows all the files etc but doesnt show in xbmc

Comment

HDD still connected, external powered 3.5" so doubt it was the problem, currently running from a 1.5A rated psu (original was 3A) but all seems fine, probably just a bad psu...

hdd is detected by android, shows all the files etc but doesnt show in xbmc
                      1) Settings -> usb ->checked usb to pc
                      2) Open xbmc:
                      a) To add videos: Go to Videos -> files ->select root file system --select mnt folder ->usb_storage, you should see all your files there, select the video folder on your harddrive and hit ok, it's going to import the video folder and all the file names to your xbmc.
                      b) do the same for pictures (file under Pictures icon) and others...

Comment

ah great got it! it's a strange place to hide it

I noticed on the rk3188 device XBMC v12 doesnt really work, not at all able to play a mkv file, read somewhere that the latest v13 (still not final version) works better, got it to work but when I choose hdmi output to my receiver the sound is just static or beeps etc

anyone else got issues playing back mkv files? really love the xbmc interface but think my raspberry pi plays back better

is there a way to install only xbmc on the device without android? probably need it to run the software...

Comment

Working...
                        X