Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAS or external drive for neo minix x7?

Sorry to use the google translator , but my English is very bad

Since a couple of days I have a x7, plan to buy or an external drive or nas to store media files without a computer turned on and here comes the problem .....
    The x7 I have it connected to the home network via wifi about 4 feet in a straight line without any interference involved, but (there's always a but) using the explorer esfile transfer rate does not exceed 800 or 900 kb and the mx player going to the movies 720 tugs and notorious stoppages . Entering through a browser that came with the ROM finless the issue of realentizacion is less noticeable , but still happening .
    The problem I have is that if it's not on wifi , on the esfile explorer or the player.
    I think the best would be to buy a NAS , but if these problems are by neo x7 would not have much sense and the best would be to buy an external drive for the neo .

What do you recommend? How is your setup ? Is there something I'm missing?

Facts to consider :
    Minix neo finless x7 with rom 1.6 ( kernel_phja_720_vsfsam_cpu1800h_gpu600_ddr720 )
    N 300mbps wifi router (configured on a free channel and 20hz - 40hz , probe in 20 and no change )
    The PC has the files is wired to the router and have win7
    Neo is connected to the router to 65Mbps and signal intesidad stop .

If I miss some information let me know and I add it , and if this is going Move it somewhere else please .

thanks

I'm actually using the X7 as a NAS.

I have a 1TB NTFS-formatted HDD connected directly to the device. The X7 runs "Samba Filesharing for Android" with which I share the media on the HDD to our home network through Ethernet.

There are also UPnP/DLNA-compliant server applications available in the Play store (e.g. BubbleUPnP).

Several members here are using external NAS solutions to which the X7 is a client but the recommendation seems to be to use Ethernet for stable and consistent streaming.
    NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
    NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
    Buy me a beer?

Comment

Thanks for the reply!

Originally posted by Molle View Post
      that was my idea, but with de low transfer rate maybe is not good enought.

I'll try wiring the x7, to see if there are any changes.

It is normal to have a speed of 800 or 900 k through wifi?
      Or am I missing some configuration?

Comment

Originally posted by enredar View Post
        that was my idea, but with de low transfer rate maybe is not good enought.
        I'm getting consistent 30Mb/s transfer rates up and down using Ethernet.
        Buy me a beer?

Comment

Thanks again!!

I will try to wire my device (door, windows, roof, etc in the middle) to see if it improves the speed.

Comment

I have the same problem when playing stream media using mxplayer on mk802 IV after about 20 minutes. however when using ex file explore's media player or the default video app It will ok.

I also want to ask I heard X7 has hotspot function. I wonder whether it can work like a wifi repeater or it can generate a different SSID using existing wifi connection not the ethernet connection.
            Last edited by hover; 11-16-2013, 07:39.

Comment

Hi !

how do you measure that ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by zeevg View Post
                how do you measure that?
                I copied several large files to and from the mounted Samba share using the File Explorer in Windows 8.1. The transfer rate stayed steadily at 3MB/s both ways.
                Buy me a beer?

Comment

I copied several large files to and from the mounted Samba share using the File Explorer in Windows 8.1. The transfer rate stayed steadily at 3MB/s both ways.
                  I can't see the mini pc through windows machine....

unfortunately Samba file sharing apps require root.

I'm looking for a way for my HTC Hero (Android 2.1) so I can share the contents of my SD card and phone memory over the WiFi network like a regular Windows file share. I'd like one that does not re...
                  Last edited by zeevg; 11-25-2013, 12:39.

Comment

Originally posted by enredar View Post
                    Thanks again!!

I will try to wire my device (door, windows, roof, etc in the middle) to see if it improves the speed.
                    Im getting 30Mb/s using a PLC adaptors, TPLink 500... sometimes easy than wire the house

Comment

I have a 1TB NTFS-formatted HDD connected directly to the device. The X7 runs "Samba Filesharing for Android" with which I share the media on the HDD to our home network through Ethernet.

There are also UPnP/DLNA-compliant server applications available in the Play store (e.g. BubbleUPnP).

Several members here are using external NAS solutions to which the X7 is a client but the recommendation seems to be to use Ethernet for stable and consistent streaming.
                      That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks man.

Comment

Samba Filesharing

Hi, does anyone know of a way or app, to view from Windows 7 - the contents of other directories on the

Android mini pc and not just "sdcard" ?

windows---->android-mini-pc ("sdcard", usb connected hd drives for example)

- i want access to the hard drives connected to the mini pc through the windows pc....

Can I mount the external hard disk to the sdcard folder on Android ? That would solve everything I guess....

Edit:
                        I imagine these will do:...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...smounter&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...smanager&hl=en
                        Last edited by zeevg; 11-26-2013, 14:09.

Comment

Take a look here:

that worked for me, even tho the app Samba File Sharing is not working great (for me at least).

Comment

Originally posted by giggitnf View Post
                            Take a look here:

that worked for me, even tho the app Samba File Sharing is not working great (for me at least).

THIS IS AWESOME MATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Rock !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by giggitnf View Post
                              the app Samba File Sharing is not working great (for me at least).
                              I understood zeevg's question to be: "Is there a way to make a HDD connected to the X7 be visible to the PC while the X7 is physically connected to the PC".

With that option I can not help.

But the easiest way to make a HDD connected to the X7 visible to a PC is through network and a Samba share. I'm currently using 'Samba Filesharing for Android' release 130413 which works nicely if you a) use a customised smb.conf file b) disable updates to said file by the app. The app starts automatically at startup and generally "just works".

The other Samba server app I have tested is 'SambaDroid'. It's perhaps easier to set up than 'Samba Filesharing for Android' but I've had some issues with it not recognising all files in a shared directory with >4000 files.

Both require root access, however.
                              Buy me a beer?

Comment

Working...
                              X