Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which general purpose Android TV box that I can build my own kernel if needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which general purpose Android TV box that I can build my own kernel if needed?

I am in the market for a Android TV Box. I used to use a MK809 III TV stick. I used to build my own kernel for touchscreen support. I think new android kernels should have the touchscreen driver built-in, but I like to pick one that has an active development community for support.

I am looking for a box that has at least 3GB RAM, supports 4K HDMI, decent Wi-Fi reception and USB port (for touchscreen), bluetooth preferred. I don't stream much but I want one with Google Play so I can play my game collection. I usually buy from reputable **** seller. Hope to buy one for $60 or less. Any model recommendation?

Originally posted by mongkok View Post
    I am in the market for a Android TV Box. I used to use a MK809 III TV stick. I used to build my own kernel for touchscreen support. I think new android kernels should have the touchscreen driver built-in, but I like to pick one that has an active development community for support.

I am looking for a box that has at least 3GB RAM, supports 4K HDMI, decent Wi-Fi reception and USB port (for touchscreen), bluetooth preferred. I don't stream much but I want one with Google Play so I can play my game collection. I usually buy from reputable **** seller. Hope to buy one for $60 or less. Any model recommendation?
    You can look at Odroid, Khadas, Radxa, Firefly boards.
    They provide the Android source code to build your own kernels.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

You can look at Odroid, Khadas, Radxa, Firefly boards.
      They provide the Android source code to build your own kernels.
      Those are more like general purpose tinker boards. Many of them don't even come with a case. And the ones with more RAM are outside of my price range. The TV boxes are generally cheaper and may actually have a larger user base.

Comment

Working...
      X