Factory firmware 5 Sept 2013 for MK808B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory firmware 5 Sept 2013 for MK808B

I have just bought a (genuine as I understand it) new MK808B and it comes with firmware which is tagged 406j205_09_2013. Needless to say, it 'almost works' - i.e. there are significant things wrong with it.

The real killer for me is the broken bluetooth. What I find is that you can pair a device with it OK, and it works. However, if you reboot, the system says it is still paired and bluetooth is on, but it doesn't (auto) connect with the device. You have to unpair it and re-pair it to get it to work again. The same happens if you turn the bluetooth device off and on again. So it seems that there is something wrong with the automatic reconnection of bluetooth. I have an Android phone and tablet, and neither of these suffer from this problem, so I assume it is a 'feature' that the manufacturer has introduced. The reason why this is such a showstopper for me is that my bluetooth device is a mouse, and without it I cannot interact with the TV dongle.

I would be interested to find out if other people have had the same problem, and if they know a work-around. I'm assuming I am going to have to reflash the device with Finless 2.1 (which is older but still based off the same Android version).

Oh, and also, the eMediaCentre video play also kills bluetooth.

look for newer ROM from this threat

Comment

Go with this rom and follow the instructions carefully - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...0730)-_Sep2013 It was released in September and is newer than Finless that was released in May. it is Android 4.1.1 by the way but is a lot faster and stable.

Comment

Finless 2.1 and all the other ones quoted here are Android 4.2.2, so if this one is 4.1.1 it has an older version of Android. Also, I really need 1080p. This is supported in the shipped firmware and you can select 720/1080 and 50/60 Hz via the settings. No need to have a special build.

Comment

Originally posted by nhathaway View Post
          Finless 2.1 and all the other ones quoted here are Android 4.2.2, so if this one is 4.1.1 it has an older version of Android. Also, I really need 1080p. This is supported in the shipped firmware and you can select 720/1080 and 50/60 Hz via the settings. No need to have a special build.
          You need a special 1080p kernel for real 1080p. When you select 1080p in the settings it is only 720p upscaled to 1080p, no real 1080p. But if you havn't noticed a difference (i have not to be honest) upscaled 720p is enough for you.

Comment

Thanks. It's useful to know that.

Comment

Bluetooth broken on all firmware images

Sadly, I have to report that the bluetooth issue remains on all the different firmware releases that I have tried. That is: the original (quoted above), Finless 2.1 and the latest stock ROM (also quoted above). I didn't try the Minix NEO.

I tried the same exercise with a Nexus 10 tablet, which is running the same version of Android. If you pair the tablet with the mouse, power off the tablet and restart it, the tablet automatically reconnects with the mouse. Similarly if you turn the mouse off, wait for Android to decide it has gone offline, then turn the mouse on again, connection is automatically remade and the mouse is active again. This contrasts with the MK808B, where you have to connect an alternative pointing device in order to unpair it in Android, then re-pair it again every time you power up.

In addition I tried the remote control phone app that comes with Finless 2.1. While this works OK with the Finless ROM (except if you turn the phone round, it crashes the phone such that you have to hard reset it), it causes the new stock ROM to spontaneously reboot as soon as you touch the touch area.

Comment

Working...
              X