Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked CSA93 with seemingly no signs of recovery

Hi,

I have a CSA93 (Green PCB) that was working fine with DavietPDA's ATV 9 ROM until I messed up one of the system directories. This caused a bootloop rendering the box useless. So I then tried to reflash the ROM with USB burning tool where itt detected fine. However, when starting the flash process, it would always stop at 11% reading "enum error". So I decided to use the " "Force Erase All" option in USB Burning Tool in which it caused an error and the device went unrecognizable and disconnected from the computer. So I then tried doing the NAND Pin short method as before to recover the box possibly due to a broken boot loader. I've tried the suggested pins 6-7, 7-8 on the NAND and other pins for this PCB but there's still no life. Also connected a USB stick and a phone to the USB port to see if there is power but it does not. Only the blue light is working. Please help me find a way to recover this beloved box as I am out of ideas. All help is appreciated and thanks in advance!
    Last edited by TeleVault; 01-11-2022, 18:33.

Originally posted by TeleVault View Post
    Hi,

I have a CSA93 (Green PCB) that was working fine with DavietPDA's ATV 9 ROM until I messed up one of the system directories. This caused a bootloop rendering the box useless. So I then tried to reflash the ROM with USB burning tool where itt detected fine. However, when starting the flash process, it would always stop at 11% reading "enum error". So I decided to use the " "Force Erase All" option in USB Burning Tool in which it caused an error and the device went unrecognizable and disconnected from the computer. So I then tried doing the NAND Pin short method as before to recover the box possibly due to a broken boot loader. I've tried the suggested pins 6-7, 7-8 on the NAND and other pins for this PCB but there's still no life. Also connected a USB stick and a phone to the USB port to see if there is power but it does not. Only the blue light is working. Please help me find a way to recover this beloved box as I am out of ideas. All help is appreciated and thanks in advance!
    Hi ,

did you tried the SDWay , AML Boxes can restored over SD too , if your Bootloader is bricked , then most

it only works over SD , but i am not a Pro with AML , but sure you can find much Info for it ,

further good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

did you tried the SDWay , AML Boxes can restored over SD too , if your Bootloader is bricked , then most

it only works over SD , but i am not a Pro with AML , but sure you can find much Info for it ,

further good luck / gefattern
      I have tried the SD Card way using burncardmaker once with no progress. I'll try it again today if I can and report back. Thanks

Comment

I have tried the SD Card way using burncardmaker once with no progress. I'll try it again today if I can and report back. Thanks
        Sorry for the late reply. Well from what I've tried, BurnCardMaker did not work . Any other ideas?

Comment

Hmmmmmmm

This is older China Box
          You will probly need original/ Stock Firmware burned to SD Card
          More than likely Android 6

Or maybe that was the image you Burned?

Also this box is similar to H96 Pro Plus S912
          Maybe android 6 version from Pro Plus may work
          CoreElec/LibreElec for Am;ogic S912 may boot

Happy Testing

Comment

I don’t know exactly this box, but I found a firmware for it. I’m not sure of course that it’s for this box, but they write that it’s for it. So I don’t know whether you will have luck or not. by myself. I saw more than one result there. You can find your own firmware on google:

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
              Hmmmmmmm

This is older China Box
              You will probly need original/ Stock Firmware burned to SD Card
              More than likely Android 6

Or maybe that was the image you Burned?

Also this box is similar to H96 Pro Plus S912
              Maybe android 6 version from Pro Plus may work
              CoreElec/LibreElec for Am;ogic S912 may boot

Happy Testing
              Originally posted by sagert View Post
              I don’t know exactly this box, but I found a firmware for it. I’m not sure of course that it’s for this box, but they write that it’s for it. So I don’t know whether you will have luck or not. by myself. I saw more than one result there. You can find your own firmware on google:
              https://www.getdroidtips.com/stock-f...-csa93-tv-box/
              https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqizunwldn...80409.rar?dl=0
              Thank you very much! I will try these ROMs and see how it will work. Originally, the box had the stock 7.1 bloatware ROM which I then decided to upgrade to DavietPDA's ATV 9 ROM. Worked very well for a year or so until I decided to do some system mods which then corrupted the ROM.

Comment

You need to make a backup before any actions in twrp. And if you make a mistake, you can return to the working firmware through this backup.

Comment

Buna ziua, de mult caut un loc de munca inginer, dar nu era de gasit, acum nu mai este nevoie. Cum am găsit deja noi cazinouri online evaluate pe https://mightytips.ro/case-de-pariuri/ este întotdeauna stabil și profitabil. Cu adevărat poți câștiga bani frumoși la cazinourile online. Este important să știi ce strategie să alegi și ce bonusuri să folosești în joc.

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post
                    You need to make a backup before any actions in twrp. And if you make a mistake, you can return to the working firmware through this backup.
                    I actually did make a TWRP backup about a year ago when upgrading the rom. But the problem now is how am I going to access TWRP without even getting to the recovery menu since it seems like that has been wiped off too.

Comment

I actually did make a TWRP backup about a year ago when upgrading the rom. But the problem now is how am I going to access TWRP without even getting to the recovery menu since it seems like that has been wiped off too.
                      You need to write twrp to a memory card, and call it recovery.img. And insert the memory card into the tv box. And run the tv box to get into twrp, and restore the backup there if it is of course possible now.

Comment

Working...
                      X