VONTAR X4 Amlogic S905X4 Android 11.0 TV Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VONTAR X4 Amlogic S905X4 Android 11.0 TV Box

I recently purchased this VONTAR X4 Amlogic S905X4 Android 11.0 TV Box at aliexpress
    My box is the 4GB/64GB variant, and the hardware specs seem to match the description.

The firmware revision was dated dec.2021, so that was a good sign.
    I only tested a few apps, and most things works well. Netflix was pre-installed and working.

So far I have found two issues with this box.
    - 5GHz wifi is very unstable. At first setup it failed to connect at all, so I had to set it to use 2.4Ghz. I tried later and managed it to connect successfully, but it always imidiately disconnects itself.
    - The firmware came with root. This could be a good thing for some users, but one of my apps refuse to work on rooted devices, so for me this is a problem. There is a menu option to have root enabled or not, but the app still detects root. I have asked the seller if there is an unrooted firmware available, or preferably an unrooted plain android firmware (not AndroidTV). I guess if the firmware was rooted with Magisk instead of SU, there could be a better method for hiding the root. The seller did respond quite quickly, but unfortunately not answering my question about alternative firmware. I was instead told to wait for the non-working app to be updated.

Has the app been updated yet?

Comment

Would this slimbox FW for vontar x4 be suitable for HK-1 RBox X4 also ?

Comment

Originally posted by Somecunt View Post
        Would this slimbox FW for vontar x4 be suitable for HK-1 RBox X4 also ?
        for sure! Just use it from Vontar X4 or Transpeed X4

Comment

Working...
        X