Mecool K5 with SoC S905X3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool K5 with SoC S905X3

Hello, I have the Mecool K5 with original firmware updated on 04-06-2021 and I have two problems that I cannot solve:
    1- the device does not play any streaming video via website. For example, if I try to play content on a TV channel site, the screen opens but the video doesn’t start.
    2- Netflix works quietly from the App store Google play is not updated, a message appears warning about the inability to update.
    Have you also noticed these problems? Are there any solutions? What can I do to remedy?
    Thanks everyone for the help.

Originally posted by Sparco76 View Post
    Hello, I have the Mecool K5 with original firmware updated on 04-06-2021 and I have two problems that I cannot solve:
    1- the device does not play any streaming video via website. For example, if I try to play content on a TV channel site, the screen opens but the video doesn’t start.
    2- Netflix works quietly from the App store Google play is not updated, a message appears warning about the inability to update.
    Have you also noticed these problems? Are there any solutions? What can I do to remedy?
    Thanks everyone for the help.
    Try using TV BRO web browser to stream. Also make sure that you are signed into google. Hope that helps.

Comment

Ok, I'll try even if with Opera and other browsers the result is the same. Videos do not play. I'm signed into Google.
      I update you.
      Thanks.

Comment

Ok, I'll try even if with Opera and other browsers the result is the same. Videos do not play. I'm signed into Google.
        I update you.
        Thanks.
        I have many times before suggested the Samsung Internet Browser, as the one that plays ALL videos with no problem. Download it from GooglePlay. Otherwise you may have to use older versions of other Browsers (do not allow them to be updated, i.e. Chrome), as they blocked this ability some time ago....

Comment

I update you.
          Thanks.
          What is the exact message that google is giving you about its failure to update?

Comment

The google message is about the failure to update the Netflix app, when instead I try to play a streaming video, do not compare any messages, the player simply does not start.

Comment

The google message is about the failure to update the Netflix app, when instead I try to play a streaming video, do not compare any messages, the player simply does not start.
              Is Netflix the only app that errors when you update? Also, I know it's a pain in the ass but have you factory reset this box? A lot of times these type problems are corrected by factory resetting the box.

Comment

Yes, at the moment only Netflix has this problem. Now I will first try to follow the advice you gave me about streaming, if I do not solve the problem I will try the factory reset.

Comment

Yes, at the moment only Netflix has this problem. Now I will first try to follow the advice you gave me about streaming, if I do not solve the problem I will try the factory reset.
                  Clear Netflix data and see if it will update. If not uninstall Netflix and reinstall. I'd try that before factory resetting.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrod1 View Post

Clear Netflix data and see if it will update.
                    I did, but it doesn't update.

Originally posted by Hotrod1 View Post
                    If not uninstall Netflix and reinstall. I'd try that before factory resetting.

I didn't want to uninstall and install for fear of not being able to install Netflix again, but I will definitely try before the factory reset.

Comment

I didn't want to uninstall and install for fear of not being able to install Netflix again, but I will definitely try before the factory reset.
                      If it comes to it and you can't install Netflix from the google playstore you could always sideload it from a site like this.

Comment

Okay, I'll try, thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X