ROOT Broken or Partially Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROOT Broken or Partially Working

Most of the Amlogic s905x4 Android TV Boxes have a ROOT Switch in the Settings Menu, usually under Advanced Menu.
    Keeping the ROOT Switch in On Position is supposed to offer ROOT Privileges.
    The ROOT Checker App confirms the Device is ROOTED and BusyBox is installed.
    Apps such X-Plore and ROOT Explorer can SEE the Files in the ROOT Folders.

HOWEVER, You CANNOT Edit the Folders or Files. You Cannot Add/Edit/Delete Files in the ROOT folder.

The System Throws an Error: No ROOT Privileges or something similar.

You Can COPY Files from ROOT Folder to another Directory. But CANNOT Paste anything into the ROOT Folder.

Requests:
    1. Can any ROOT Access Controller App such as SuperSU be safely installed to control/limit ROOT access such as Grant Permission Permanently (Do Not Ask Again), Ask Every Time, Deny, Delete ROOT Permission for Select Apps? Currently, there is NO such "Access Control" app, which is VERY risky.

2. WHY do Amlogic s905x4 Android TV Boxes seem to have a "Partial" ROOT with only View/Copy Permissions. How to Get Write Permissions (Temporary/Permanent) to the ROOT Folders?

Some Context/Reference for the Requests:
    These Android TX Boxes with Android TV 11 have VERY Restrictive Settings. Even the BASIC "Hide Virtual Keyboard" when External Keyboard is Connected Setting is Missing.
    The External Keyboards cannot Press Enter Inside Web Browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, etc.
    Secondly, Clicking the "Off" Button on the Remote Causes Hibernation. The Button is NOT completely Shutting Down the ATV Box. Hence, need a Reliable App that offers Multiple Choices such as Shut Down, Sleep, Reboot, Etc. Even an App with a Simple Full Shut Down would work. Tried to Install and Use a Simple Shut Down App... But the App Did NOT work as it couldn't secure ROOT Privileges (The ROOT Switch is in ON position and was NEVER Altered).
    Last edited by alap1983; 06-29-2022, 15:22.

[Reserved for Posting Any Working Solution with Due Credit to Provider]
    Tried Installing the latest version of SuperSU APK. The App Installs correctly... But after opening the app, it gives an Error: "SU Binary Occupied".
    Last edited by alap1983; 06-29-2022, 21:09. Reason: Testing Methods

Comment

Is there a fix for this now?

Comment

I kind of fixed it.

It's not possible on stock firmwares because they have the partitions read only.
        I installed Slimbox for S905x4 but still not all the file managers allow editing sys files.

You need Root Explorer app, go to the root folder and tap "R/W mount" button on top. Then all the sys files will be editable.
        You have to press that button every time you open root app.

Hope this helps someone.

Comment

Originally posted by alap1983 View Post
          [Reserved for Posting Any Working Solution with Due Credit to Provider]
          Tried Installing the latest version of SuperSU APK. The App Installs correctly... But after opening the app, it gives an Error: "SU Binary Occupied".
          this is a bug (kind of) in the lastad version. Try 2.78SR. In my experience with Beelink GT1 (classic) and Aidan's rom i can install and got root, but after trying to reboot the device freeze in loading screen. So i flash again the img again, install magisk, patch de recovery.partition (extracted from the img file with customization tool), patch with magisk, repack the patched recovery.partition into the image (with customization tool again), flash the image, install magisk again (or just open, i don't remember). At this tima magisk detect root and say it has to patch something, after reboot magisk work.

after open magisk, came a message saying some kind of conflict with older root binaries, i ended leaving this, because my trying to remove this ended in bootloop.

Comment

bcs of that problem adaway can't edit hosts file. i tried to edit hosts file by x-plore, after save shows success but when you check the file, seems nothing changed, everything even permission changes can't be done.
            root app superuser, looks very simple. it's not easy to change with supersu right? if i install supersu then uninstall superuser. ?

Comment

Originally posted by smithyjanie View Post
              Is there a fix for this now?
              just use twrp, install magisk.
              sorry i missed this thread, did this long ago on hk1 rbox s905x4 boxes

Comment

Originally posted by gbox23 View Post

just use twrp, install magisk.
                sorry i missed this thread, did this long ago on hk1 rbox s905x4 boxes

hello, please could you explain how to put twrp on hk1 rbox x4?

Comment

Originally posted by marciobill View Post

hello, please could you explain how to put twrp on hk1 rbox x4?
                  Simply copy the files to microsdcard as is.
                  Magisk is loaded on there. read the readme included

Twrp is located in the folder with Firmwares

Good Day Everyone. Here is a link to both PC IMG Burning Firmware And The OTA zip file for the HK1RBOX X4 S905X4 1000M Lan Enjoy

Comment

I am grateful for your feedback , where can I get these twrp files ?

Comment

Originally posted by marciobill View Post
                      I am grateful for your feedback , where can I get these twrp files ?
                      Download from Here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...pn5_n-_2HYryls
                      TWRP Recovery for the Amlogic S905X4 Android TV boxes is named: twrps905x4
                      Do note: This is a TEMPORARY Recovery ONLY. Hence it can only be loaded by using an SD Card with the Recovery.img file. The Readme file explains. You cannot place this Recovery as PERMANENT.​

Comment

Working...
                      X