Unable to install Pluto Tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to install Pluto Tv

I am trying to install Pluto TV on my Ugoos X4Q Pro.
    I am installing through Google Play.
    I am using a VPN. (ProtonVPN)
    Once it has said it is installed, I get a black screen with a msg that says: This installed APK is not compatible with this device. Please download a supported version from Google Play."
    I cannot find another version on GOOGLE Play.
    In searching I have found a site(apkpure.com) that claims it has a different version.
    Can anyone tell me if this site is OK?
    Or is there another solution to this problem?
    Thanks

Originally posted by lagrabow View Post
    I am trying to install Pluto TV on my Ugoos X4Q Pro.
    I am installing through Google Play.
    I am using a VPN. (ProtonVPN)
    Once it has said it is installed, I get a black screen with a msg that says: This installed APK is not compatible with this device. Please download a supported version from Google Play."
    I cannot find another version on GOOGLE Play.
    In searching I have found a site(apkpure.com) that claims it has a different version.
    Can anyone tell me if this site is OK?
    Or is there another solution to this problem?
    Thanks

Hi ,

sounds strange , but why did you not go on in the existing Thread , you made before ,

did you tried it without VPN ??? some of this Apps do not allow VPNs , not sure ,

but for sure apkpure is a valid Site to download , but you always can scan the

downloaded App by your own Antivirus App , if you not trust them .

You can stream TV on Pluto TV with ProtonVPN and it’s free! Connect to any ProtonVPN Plus server in the United States to watch movies and TV shows.

Maybe this helps ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

@gefattern
      I started a new thread because it was a different subject. My interpretation of what i thought was the accepted practice.
      Yes, I did try it without A VPN first.
      Through reading, it was suggested that a VPN might help. It doesn't.
      Maybe I don't need Pluto i was just thinking of the number of different channels in one place.
      Is there a section in Freaktab where people recommend apps for android boxes?

On another note - should I/do I need a AV on the Ugoos box?
      I run BitDefender on my tablet. If I need one do you have a suggestion?

On a 2nd note - Would it be safe to use a USB hub on this box? It's not that I need multiple USB's plugged in, but rather the limited space for the OTG doesn't allow some USB sticks to be plugged in easily. The type of stick being too wide. See picture.

Thank you

Attached Files

Comment

Hi ,

stupid that it was not possible to get Pluto working , but you always can email the

Problem to Ugoos , so they can fix it with update , if possible , it is always better to

install a AV App on TVBox , i use BitDefender too on my Box .

Hint for Wifi security ( ARP Guard ) from Playstore or AFWall+ , a Firewall , good for

rooted Boxes , blocks all the Apps that want to "talk with home" , of course you can

use a Hub , but as possible with own Power support , always better , so the Power

of the Box will not be lower .

good luck / gefattern

Comment

gefattern
          thanks I will act on your advice.

Comment

Working...
          X