Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to charge the PMID701C while the tablet is off? (Mine refuses to let me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to charge the PMID701C while the tablet is off? (Mine refuses to let me)

This may be a stupid question...but is it possible to charge the PMID701C while it is powered off? I just want to let the thing sit there and charge without it being on. It refuses to let me.

I can turn the tablet off and it stays off while not plugged into the charger. The minute I plug the charger into it, it immediately powers itself up.

Worse yet, when I attempt to shut it down after that it just constantly powers right back up again on its own. It happens whether I use the physical power button or attempt to shut it off using the power widget on the home screen.

Are other people able to charge their PMID701C while it is off?

Mine does the same thing....I'm looking into it

Comment

I'm assuming it's NOT supposed to do that since every other device I've owned can be charged while powered off.

I've messed with mine a little bit but haven't made any MAJOR changes yet but I'm wondering if I may have done something to cause it.

I've installed Root Explorer in order to remove a few pre-installed aps I never planned to use. I also installed Google Play (market), Amazon Appstore, No frills CPU, Netflix and a few other random games and apps prior to noticing this annoying power off problem. I don't see where I've installed anything that would cause this...but anything is possible.

Comment

Mine did it out of the box

Comment

Originally posted by xlinth View Post
          Mine did it out of the box
          I never paid attention and this is something I just noticed yesterday. Thanks for confirming it does it stock. Maybe that's just how they are designed to charge? Kinda weird.... It will be interesting to see whether others chime in. It would be nice to know whether we have some odd ball tablets or whether they all do this.

Comment

Mine did that from the beginning as well. I just figured that was how this tablet was set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiserman View Post
              Mine did that from the beginning as well. I just figured that was how this tablet was set up.
              Yeah it is starting to look that way. I'm just accustomed to turning a device off to charge it. Never had one that won't allow it.

Comment

I think it is a rom thing. I ported onda 610 ics over and it gave me the option to turn it off while recharging. I have since re-flashed the original rom and the problem is back.
                If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0

Comment

Originally posted by helpless automation View Post
                  I think it is a rom thing. I ported onda 610 ics over and it gave me the option to turn it off while recharging. I have since re-flashed the original rom and the problem is back.
                  Cool..so I'm not alone then. Maybe they'll fix it in a future firmware update...assuming there is one.

Comment

Originally posted by helpless automation View Post
                    Where did you find the original rom? Or did you make your own? And is there a good reason why I should flash back? I have the latest onda firmware, and everything works except the g-sensor. Or is it just a preferential thing?

Comment

Originally posted by mahjikk View Post
                      Where did you find the original rom? Or did you make your own? And is there a good reason why I should flash back? I have the latest onda firmware, and everything works except the g-sensor. Or is it just a preferential thing?
                      I flashed with an onda gingerbread rom and loaded my backup from CWM. It isn't exactly the original rom but it is near enough to call it. While I did like the ICS onda rom the gsensor killed it for me. The games I like do not work right so I went back to gingerbread until an official Polaroid ICS.
                      If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0

Comment

Working...
                      X