polaroid pmid701c tablet stuck at polaroid screen when rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well so far

i loaded up the onda gingerbread rom and so far it has not doneca factory reset when i hit the back reset button. havebt loaded anything on yet though. i saw something on other roms where loading busybox can drive them nits so i might try that since i had it loaded on it before the reset

Comment

Originally posted by sabercatpuck View Post
      i loaded up the onda gingerbread rom and so far it has not doneca factory reset when i hit the back reset button. havebt loaded anything on yet though. i saw something on other roms where loading busybox can drive them nits so i might try that since i had it loaded on it before the reset
      Thanks for looking into this. Maybe I used the wrong ROM. Whichever one you used to get it to work, let me know and I'll give it a shot.

I see you got the "no memory available for storage" message as well. I got that too before I put in the new ROM (which is what seemed to have started the whole problem) and after I put in the ROM.

Comment

If you were using the ones in the sticky then both of those work fairly well as far as I have seen. The only time I saw mine go a bit crazy was with the reset button using the ICS, though I had really messed around with it before hand so it could have set up a problem that then popped forward when I hit the reset. When I flash back to the ICS I can check it out again too. The Gingerbread 2.0.5 firmware is the top download and the ICS 4.0.3 is the bottom:

Personally at this point I think I will ultamitly end up sticking with the Gingerbread it is very responsive, and on the AnTuTu test I did at 1.2GHZ was just under the fastest result posted, and that was for a ICS ROM, I have found they can be real good out of the gate and then bog down a bit when you get them loaded up too. I am still unsure what the trigger is for it doing a factory reset versus a simple reset if you hit the little reset button. Might take some time to get to the bottom of it. Could be if it senses something wrong with the file system.

Comment

Rebooting Android via hardware without lettings it shut down properly can HOSE a rooted system.
          Linux could have files open, databases open, etc. A fatory reset does close all this stuff befor the reboot. A hardware reboot does not. Many times you can get by and not cause a problem but you are correct, you can hose the file system.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Net result

be sure to just hit the power button and tell it to shut down but telling it to on the display whenever you can, option 2 if that isnt working would be hold the power button for about 20-30 seconds till it shuts off, and only if that fails should you go for the reset button. If all that fails, it's time to dust off live suite again

Comment

Working...
            X