How to find serial # on a NEXT7P Tablet when sticker on back is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find serial # on a NEXT7P Tablet when sticker on back is gone

Is there any way to find the Serial # from a NEXT7P tablet when the sticker on the back is gone? I already looked in the Settings > About Nextbook but there was nothing there starting with "YF" nor anything about a serial # there. The reason i want to know is because I want to put DocHoppy's ROM. I already tried connecting it to my computer and looking at the device ID but it just tells me its 123456789ABCDEFG

Here's what it says in the About Nextbook

Model Number
    NEXT7P

Android Version

Kernel Version

Build Number
    V2.0.21.GINGERBREAD.eng.root.20111015.154811_HW:2. 0.0.0.0

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

finding serial#

Originally posted by eL_MeXiCaNo View Post
    Is there any way to find the Serial # from a NEXT7P tablet when the sticker on the back is gone? I already looked in the Settings > About Nextbook but there was nothing there starting with "YF" nor anything about a serial # there. The reason i want to know is because I want to put DocHoppy's ROM. I already tried connecting it to my computer and looking at the device ID but it just tells me its 123456789ABCDEFG

Here's what it says in the About Nextbook

Model Number
    NEXT7P

Android Version

Kernel Version

Build Number
    V2.0.21.GINGERBREAD.eng.root.20111015.154811_HW:2. 0.0.0.0

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Have you trieded contacting netxbook support staff thru the web site? They may take a day or two but i've found that they do usually try to help you, just log on to the site nextbokusa and look for support.

Comment

My s/n is also on retail box outside.
      Rob / jrm
      N7P rooted w/ Finless #1011V1.5 (was V1.4)

Comment

As many have seen, it being on the box is a problem. Many people havea box that says 1211 but when they flash even the stock 1211 ROM they loose sound, wifi, etc then they flash say 1011 and everything works. Seems retailers take returns and put them in different boxes or something. One poor sap had a box that said 1211 but in fact it was a much slower 0811

So even knowing the number may not be accurate.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          As many have seen, it being on the box is a problem. Many people havea box that says 1211 but when they flash even the stock 1211 ROM they loose sound, wifi, etc then they flash say 1011 and everything works. Seems retailers take returns and put them in different boxes or something. One poor sap had a box that said 1211 but in fact it was a much slower 0811

So even knowing the number may not be accurate.

Bob
          How could Nextbook get away with this? Especially since they offer downloads and firmware updates for specific model numbers. I don't see the stores doing this without Nextbook knowing as the serial number sticker is on both the back of the tablet and on the box?

This could certainly explain why I loose sound when I flash one of your 1211 ROMs

Comment

Originally posted by Nemlack View Post
            How could Nextbook get away with this? Especially since they offer downloads and firmware updates for specific model numbers. I don't see the stores doing this without Nextbook knowing as the serial number sticker is on both the back of the tablet and on the box?

This could certainly explain why I loose sound when I flash one of your 1211 ROMs
            Most believe it is not Nextbook doing this but retailers reboxing returns, or maybe even distributors!

Bob

Comment

Here's another take. My yf1211 (labeled both box and tab) will return to stock with a rom downloaded and labeled 1211. (I didn't have the foresight as a noobe to save my own before flashing.) No surprise there, 1211 to 1211.

But each flash of Finless' #1211 causes problems that I can only avoid with Finless' #1011. My guess is Finless and I are starting from a "different" 1211. Doesn't one have to be labeled wrong, either my stock 1211 or Finless' base 1211? /Rob
              Rob / jrm
              N7P rooted w/ Finless #1011V1.5 (was V1.4)

Comment

Originally posted by jrm View Post
                Here's another take. My yf1211 (labeled both box and tab) will return to stock with a rom downloaded and labeled 1211. (I didn't have the foresight as a noobe to save my own before flashing.) No surprise there, 1211 to 1211.

But each flash of Finless' #1211 causes problems that I can only avoid with Finless' #1011. My guess is Finless and I are starting from a "different" 1211. Doesn't one have to be labeled wrong, either my stock 1211 or Finless' base 1211? /Rob
                That's a good point. I remember that Finless' base 1211 ROM was given to him by an XDA user, and it may not have been a stock 1211 ROM...

Originally posted by Finless Bob View Post
                OK by popular demand I have created a ROM based on a ADB Dump from a XDA user of a stock ROM for serial numbers starting with #1211. The backup.img uncompressed just fine but I have no way to tell if it is a 1211 stock ROM other than the person on XDA said it was. So the ROM used for this did not come from the Manufacturer.
                I have to tell you comparing this ROM to the 1011 version I did not see much difference. So if there are differences, it is probably in the Kernel which is compiled and I cannot compare that.
                Although at this point it's a mute point. I wouldn't want Finless to start his 1.5 over with a brand new stock 1211 ROM even if we were able to get our hands on one. If the 1011 ROM works for my tablet then I'm happy with that..

Comment

My base ROMs for the 1211 came from the Nextbook website. I downloded them directly from there. I ALWAYS like to start from scratch with a known good ROM from the manufacturer!
                  So if the base ROM is wrong, Nextbook published it wrong.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    My base ROMs for the 1211 came from the Nextbook website. I downloded them directly from there. I ALWAYS like to start from scratch with a known good ROM from the manufacturer!
                    So if the base ROM is wrong, Nextbook published it wrong.

Bob
                    Ok, perhaps I miss-quoted from a wrong thread. My bad, but either way it's a mute point. Let's just get your 1.5 1011 ROM working.

Comment

I don't have the box, It was given to me for free with only the charger. So I don't know much of this tablet aside from the info I posted in my first post

I really want to put the rom in it that way I have access to the play store and a faster launcher. I want to put games on this thing asap

Comment

Originally posted by eL_MeXiCaNo View Post
                        I don't have the box, It was given to me for free with only the charger. So I don't know much of this tablet aside from the info I posted in my first post

I really want to put the rom in it that way I have access to the play store and a faster launcher. I want to put games on this thing asap
                        This Tablet is great for Android games! I don't get them from the Play Store anymore. Originally the Android Market would not allow me to purchase anything, so I just downloaded the non-free .apk files from newsgroups and from sites I found by doing some google searches. I discovered that some of the higher end games (like many of the Gameloft games) have device checks so that they will force close if your device does not match their "approved" list. I found some sites that will crack these and have had some mixed success with these. It's a shame as I would gladly purchase some of their nicer titles, but because of their device checks, I am forced to find cracked .apks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemlack View Post
                          This Tablet is great for Android games! I don't get them from the Play Store anymore. Originally the Android Market would not allow me to purchase anything, so I just downloaded the non-free .apk files from newsgroups and from sites I found by doing some google searches. I discovered that some of the higher end games (like many of the Gameloft games) have device checks so that they will force close if your device does not match their "approved" list. I found some sites that will crack these and have had some mixed success with these. It's a shame as I would gladly purchase some of their nicer titles, but because of their device checks, I am forced to find cracked .apks.
                          If you look in the Nextbook forum, I provide a guide on how to edit your build.prop to download Gameloft games directly from the Market and play them.

Comment

Working...
                          X