Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accelerometer problem

Hello,

Thank a million for your ROM. This is great . I however have an accelerometer problem. When a game using the accelerometer imposes portrait mode such as Abduction or Labyrinth, the tablet switches vertical and horizontal axes, i.e., leaning the tablet left/right is taken as leaning front/back and vice-versa. Also the parameter to lock the tablet orientation does not have any effect, i.e., if you set the parameter to force a unique orientation, the tablet keeps changing orientation when you turn it. Thanks for any piece of information about solutions to these problems.

Comment

This is a stock ROM problem with some games... It has always been there not just in my 1.5 ROM.

However your now on my old ROM. You should try 2.1 CWM "Gingercomb". It not only fixes a lot of games that never worked on the Arnova based ROMs, it also fixes the crappy implementation by Arnova for some games using the accelerometer. But don't expect 100% fixes. Some games were just made for different devices.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thank for your quick reply. I installed your ROM on my step-father's tablet who leaves 700 km from my home. I am on holidays in his place. When I read this thread, I feared that your 2.1 ROM might be a little bit more adventurous and I will not be there in one week if he gets into trouble with his tablet. That is why I put the 1.5 instead of the 2.1.

Do you consider the 2.1 more stable than the 1.5? In other words, do you advice me to install the 2.1 ROM for someone who has never used an Android system and who will be unable to understand what is going on when a problem happens? I really want to give him the safer experience for his first steps with Android.

Comment

Would you be kind enough to answer quickly to the question about the more stable ROM to install for a novice who will be left alone with his first Android device and who will be unable to fix problems? ROM 1.5 or 2.1? I might leave my step-father in a week and I would like to fix up his tablet by my departure. Thanks in advance for your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by mpiter View Post
            Would you be kind enough to answer quickly to the question about the more stable ROM to install for a novice who will be left alone with his first Android device and who will be unable to fix problems? ROM 1.5 or 2.1? I might leave my step-father in a week and I would like to fix up his tablet by my departure. Thanks in advance for your answer.
            Both Roms are stable and easy to use once they are installed and set up.

The Gingercomb 2.1 has a program built in called button saviour that places a tiny icon on the right hand side of the screen so it will be there on all screens or programs that you use. This is needed as some programs display in full screen so this program gives you a way to go back and return to the homescreen. On the 1.5 Rom you do not need this as the top bar is always there.

As long as if can see the small icon on the right of the screen than he will be okay. I would use the 2.1 Gingercomb if he is able to see it

If not use the 1.5 Gingerbread Rom.

Gingercomd 2.1is nicer but they are both stable and very fast

Hope this helps you make your choice for your step dad

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
            Please consider donating to purchase tablets for Finless Bob to continue his work. This will help in the creation of custom roms and build an even stronger development base for our community. Thank you for you support!

PLEASE CLICK THE DONATE BUTTON BELOW

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
            <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">
            <input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="3GN5JFZXXQLCA">
            <input type="image" src="http://www.freaktab.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=565&d=1341333954&thumb =1" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal — The safer, easier way to pay online.">
            https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
            </form>

Comment

Thanks a lot. I will install 2.1 today or tomorrow depending on the time left to me by my daughter

Comment

Done. It is way better than 1.5. The bugs I found in the first ROM were all corrected. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                X