Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iMito future updates

Hi Mods,
    Is there any plans for new firmware for iMito MX1/2. As of now I am satisfied with v1.7a(I tried v2.1 but hit multiple issues). But still not able to utilize full potential of this device. Few issues concerns are as follows:
    1) Not able to install Google TV apps through play store.
    2) Netflix video quality is poor.
    3) Youtube video quality/UI is poor.
    4) No support/roadmap for 5.1 surround sound.
    5) Bluetooth doesn't works for all.
    I heard that some of the issue are resolved in android 4.3, if yes what is the plan for 4.3 update on this device?

Regards,
    Jitendra

Originally posted by bhelpuri View Post
    Hi Mods,
    Is there any plans for new firmware for iMito MX1/2. As of now I am satisfied with v1.7a(I tried v2.1 but hit multiple issues). But still not able to utilize full potential of this device. Few issues concerns are as follows:
    1) Not able to install Google TV apps through play store.
    2) Netflix video quality is poor.
    3) Youtube video quality/UI is poor.
    4) No support/roadmap for 5.1 surround sound.
    5) Bluetooth doesn't works for all.
    I heard that some of the issue are resolved in android 4.3, if yes what is the plan for 4.3 update on this device?

Regards,
    Jitendra
    1)Of course not, this is Android.TV(actually just regular branch Android, and FYI Google.TV is being rebranded as Android.TV so don't get Android on a stick confused with future Google.TV(Android.TV) brands) not Google.TV. The build.prop defines that so you could change it but why??
    2)This is simply because Netflix is restricted by their contracts to protect the data at all costs. Android 4.3 has a better DRM setup and only 4.3 and newer versions will have HD quality. Now there are a few tweaked version out there but as often as Netflix releases it is useless to keep up with the tweaked versions and manually installing them.
    3) Youtube looks good for me. If you search hard enough you can find the Google.TV version floating on the internet which gives a better UI but not video. I get HD and it looks good.
    4)The that was released clearly showed that the hardware can do 5.1 but for some reason the software was never setup to take advantage of it. Trust me when I say I have beat this horse to death and you are never going to get 5.1 from these guys. Main reason is licensing fees.
    5)BT can be sketchy but I have had very few issue's with it. It could be jumping build to build as I have not. I installed 1.7 and never looked back.

As for any future updates.... nope not happening. Device is past it's six month prime that is considered new in China. Also not that none of the new devices are even launching with anything higher than 4.2.2. I am afraid that it may be next year before we see any device get 4.3 and even then if the video drivers do not support the DRM number 2 on your chart will be forever doomed.

For what it is worth, I suggest getting a new tablet... 7 inch will do, like the new nVidia 200 dollar tablet as it has HDMI and they say it does 5.1 surround... Also Nvidia is great on updates so even though it ships with 4.2 expect 4.4 in the next month or so. I am going this route myself.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Updates are coming in

Hi,
      Updates for this device are coming in. Hardware of Imito Mx1/Mx2 is similar to that of MK802IIIS and hence the firmware released by Rikomagic for their devices is working perfectly fine with Imitos. I recently flashed the latest 4.2.2 firmware update from rikomagic on my device (Imito MX2) and its working just fine - Wifi/Bluetooth are working without any issues.
      Try out the latest rom from rikomagic from below link:

Shenzhen Rikomagic Tech Corp.,Ltd-----Android TV BOX, Media player, Digital Signage Media Player,signage player

I Flashed the 2nd ROM from above link (Rikomagic MK802IIIS8G(B) Android 4.2 Software(131107))

All the best!

Comment

I can confirm with mystguy, the 2nd link will work. hook up power, and other micro usb cable to computer, load up software after installing drivers. hit switch then when the first one goes from pink to green then hit restore. it will wipe it clean. I just got it flashed now to do some testing.

Comment

Originally posted by mystguy View Post
          Hi,
          Updates for this device are coming in. Hardware of Imito Mx1/Mx2 is similar to that of MK802IIIS and hence the firmware released by Rikomagic for their devices is working perfectly fine with Imitos. I recently flashed the latest 4.2.2 firmware update from rikomagic on my device (Imito MX2) and its working just fine - Wifi/Bluetooth are working without any issues.
          Try out the latest rom from rikomagic from below link:

Shenzhen Rikomagic Tech Corp.,Ltd-----Android TV BOX, Media player, Digital Signage Media Player,signage player

I Flashed the 2nd ROM from above link (Rikomagic MK802IIIS8G(B) Android 4.2 Software(131107))

All the best!
          Did yo manage to get CWM installed with ths ROM ?
          If so an you decribe how. I tied several different options on MX1 but it failed every time

Thanks

Comment

I haven't tried it yet

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mystguy View Post
              I haven't tried it yet

Please report back when you do

Comment

Sure. . But I dont have any plans to go for it yet. It's working fine for me hence I won't experiment now

Comment

Originally posted by mystit's working well it's the best time to make a View Post
                  Sure. . But I dont have any plans to go for it yet. It's working fine for me hence I won't experiment now

Well, when it's working well that's the time to make a backup, and without cwm that's no go

Comment

Working...
                  X