Minecraft PC on minix possibly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minecraft PC on minix possibly?

I was looking around the net and found nothing yet on working methods, but wanted to confirm on here if anyone had tried playing the PC version of Minecraft on the Minix box? It is a quad core device, so it should play it somewhat ok?

Also here is a article on Mojang doing a attempt at trying to port it to the Android systems:

The Mojang team has been rather silent the past week, and now we know why. Tom at Mojang said on his Twitter account, “So, past week we were quite silent as we tried porting the real deal (Minecraft 1.6) to iOS/Android using [RoboVM], but.. nope! Back to 0.8!” To help you non-computer-literate people out there, Minecraft for the PC runs on Java. All Java applications run on top of a Java virtual machine. Mojang tried to make Minecraft run on top of a VM in development for Android and iOS, called RoboVM.
    But unfortunately performance was awful. He continued with, “Actually @robovm was impressive and we got MinecraftServer to run on phones quickly.. except MC PC was literally 100 times slower than MCPE! Looks like phones aren’t still nowhere near the bandwidth/cache of x86.. and that how people use a language is more important than its JIT!” Maybe one day, maybe one day.
    Source:

Originally posted by Sejo View Post
    I was looking around the net and found nothing yet on working methods, but wanted to confirm on here if anyone had tried playing the PC version of Minecraft on the Minix box? It is a quad core device, so it should play it somewhat ok?

Also here is a article on Mojang doing a attempt at trying to port it to the Android systems:

Source:
    http://www.poweredbyredstone.net/?p=1970
    I've ever tried it, I play the PE version with my gamepad mapped with tincore keymapper. btw, the PE is getting better and better, Mojang has already anounced infinite worlds for the 0.9 version in 2014
    "Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose."
    - Bill gates

Comment

Working...
    X