RTL8188ETV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTL8188ETV

I've got a CX-919II/J22 clone that, when opened up, reveals a Realtek chip that's labelled RTL8188ETV. I've tried flashing numerous ROMs with no success. Finless 1.6b works, but no Wifi/BT, Neomode (the one listed specifically for the RTL8188) won't boot. I've tried the Finless ROM with other kernels that are listed as being RTL8188 specific and still, I cannot get Wifi/BT to work.

I'm at a bit of a loss. I have a MK809III that I've had no issues with but I can't seem to figure this new stick out.

Is there a stock ROM for this?
    I have not heard of a CX-919ii

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

AW: RTL8188ETV

Bob, isnt it that:

Comment

I've been provided a stock rom by the supplier, which of course I have been unable to flash properly so far using the RKBatchTool. It keeps failing during the upload, not quite sure why.

I think it is the same stick as the one FadeFx is indicating, and I've downloaded and successfully flashed the "upgraded" .img in post #6, but still no WiFi/BT. The file name for both the upgraded stock rom and the stock rom I've been provided have "6210" in the title, and I would think that would indicate these are for sticks with the AP6210 wifi chipset, and as such I'm not surprised they don't work. I've tried countless different kernels and roms, and while I've been able to flash many, Wifi and bluetooth don't work with any of them, which kind of defeats the purpose of having the stick.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by astecki View Post
          I've been provided a stock rom by the supplier, which of course I have been unable to flash properly so far using the RKBatchTool. It keeps failing during the upload, not quite sure why. I think it is the same stick as the one FadeFx is indicating, and I've downloaded and successfully flashed the "upgraded" .img in post #6, but still no WiFi/BT. The file name for both the upgraded stock rom and the stock rom I've been provided have "6210" in the title, and I would think that would indicate these are for sticks with the AP6210 wifi chipset, and as such I'm not surprised they don't work. I've tried countless different kernels and roms, and while I've been able to flash many, Wifi and bluetooth don't work with any of them, which kind of defeats the purpose of having the stick.
          If you can install apps you could run "USB Device Info" and look up the vendor and device IDs of this chip. The apk can be downloaded from f-droid.org if you need it. Both the binary module in the rockchip android tree and the source code that's now in vanilla linux kernel support a 8188etv with device ID 0x0179 (and realtek's vendor ID 0x0bda). If your chip reports different IDs that could be the cause of your problems.

Comment

Originally posted by astecki View Post
            I've been provided a stock rom by the supplier, which of course I have been unable to flash properly so far using the RKBatchTool. It keeps failing during the upload, not quite sure why.

I think it is the same stick as the one FadeFx is indicating, and I've downloaded and successfully flashed the "upgraded" .img in post #6, but still no WiFi/BT. The file name for both the upgraded stock rom and the stock rom I've been provided have "6210" in the title, and I would think that would indicate these are for sticks with the AP6210 wifi chipset, and as such I'm not surprised they don't work. I've tried countless different kernels and roms, and while I've been able to flash many, Wifi and bluetooth don't work with any of them, which kind of defeats the purpose of having the stick.

Any ideas?
            can you provide the stock rom please

Comment

In have a cx921 clone with RTL8188ETV the only working roms are the wasser rom for kr42

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-android-4-2-2
              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-android-4-4-2

Comment

Working...
              X