This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I Made the Stock Rom (PMID701C)

First off I'd like to point out the following, in notpod's dump, he had two things switched, boot.img was root.img and root.img was boot.img. So boot.img is the only FAT image out of all of the nand dumps. I have uploaded a fixed rom dump below with the correct file names.

To cook this rom, I found this allwinner a10 kitchen used to cook up android roms into a flashable Live Suite img. The tutorial is here. That tutorial is for snowbreeze, but the kitchen I found has the same setup. To start off, I downloaded the kitchen and extracted it. I then extracted the files from boot.img to _bootfs (using MagicISO) and inside the linux folder was a file named bImage which I copied along with root.img, system.img, and recovery.img to the _input folder. To get the files needed for configuration, I had to place the Onda Gingerbread rom in the root of the kitchen and run extract_image.bat. After that finished, I then ran create_image.bat. The end result was a stock rom which I then flashed to my tablet.

Inside _input:[bImage, root.img, recovery.img, system.img]
    Inside _bootfs:[contents of boot.img]

ROM DUMP

A10 KITCHEN

STOCK ROM

I am currently working on a new rom and should have it finished by Sunday. (Gingerbread 2.3.7)

Shawn
    Last edited by shawnbusker; 04-22-2012, 05:19.

Shawn, you still working on this?

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Yeah, needs a bit more work.

Shawn

Comment

OK, still not getting it

Even downloading all your sources (kitchen, rom dumps, etc), setting things up as you did, etc when I go to flash it goes about 20% then the counter quickly falls back to 0 and fails. I can still flash any other working rom I can find, just cant seem to make the kitchen work.
        I need this to try and make a ROM that will see the second flash IC I installed, but cant seem to even reproduce your work.

One question when it is cooking the ROM up after you type create_image does it go very fast for you. It takes about 5 minutes to extract the image but it is taking only a minute to build.

Any thoughts?

Comment

nevermind

figured it out i think. i had an extra copy of bImage in _bootfs. looks like i can procede onward now.

Comment

Seems like a good place for this kind of info

I find myself using these alot while working on figuring out the configuration stuff so I figured I would compile and put them here since this seemed like a good place for them
            To pull bootfs from the tablet
            Hi! I haven't really found any kind of guides on how to build a complete AOSP android build from source (kernel and software) for Allwinner A10 tablets like the Ainol Novo 7 Advanced or the Teclast P76Ti. I have a Teclast P76TI (rev4), and the...

> cd _bootfs
            > adb shell
            $ cd /
            $ mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/root /
            $ mkdir bootfs
            $ mount -t vfat /dev/block/nanda /bootfs
            (Control-C: exit adb shell)
            > adb pull /bootfs

To unpack the config.bin in Linux:
            ./script2fex.rb script.bin > script.fex
            ( http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/cort...ripts-410.html )
            After changes repack with:
            ./script script.fex
            and copy back to the bootfs, rename the first copy config0.bin and paste again
            Then boot back into windows to compile.
            Dont forget to make changes in the config files in the _extract folder as needed
            I need to see if I can pull off doing it with just windows, would speed up the process considerably

Comment

ics AOSP and kernel released

I am guessing only those that really would be interested would look in this thread

Hi! I haven't really found any kind of guides on how to build a complete AOSP android build from source (kernel and software) for Allwinner A10 tablets like the Ainol Novo 7 Advanced or the Teclast P76Ti. I have a Teclast P76TI (rev4), and the...

Comment

Originally posted by sabercatpuck View Post
                I am guessing only those that really would be interested would look in this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=121
                This got my attention! Thanks!!
                Jim
                ---
                Ainol Novo 7 Elf II Dual Core
                Milestone (Droid) - Chevy SS GB ROM
                Milestone X - Rooted Stock GB ROM

Comment

Would I be able to use this method and the kitchen to cook ROMs for a Polaroid A/S8? I've been looking all over the place and no one else has made anything except a recovery for it and the stock ROM/OS is just to crappy, no optimizations and there are way too many un-used and pointless partitions using too much of the storage. Lets just say, there are a lot of reasons for switching to a custom ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadphyre View Post
                    Would I be able to use this method and the kitchen to cook ROMs for a Polaroid A/S8? I've been looking all over the place and no one else has made anything except a recovery for it and the stock ROM/OS is just to crappy, no optimizations and there are way too many un-used and pointless partitions using too much of the storage. Lets just say, there are a lot of reasons for switching to a custom ROM.
                    Possibly, depending on whether you can unpack the 'stock' A8 ROM without errors (GuessYet was able to, but I was not). Go for it!
                    https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Originally posted by elektrik View Post
                      Possibly, depending on whether you can unpack the 'stock' A8 ROM without errors (GuessYet was able to, but I was not). Go for it!
                      That's just it though, I've tried asking what setup he was using as far the right kitchen setup and i haven't heard back yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadphyre View Post
                        That's just it though, I've tried asking what setup he was using as far the right kitchen setup and i haven't heard back yet.
                        Hmm...can't help you on that one....
                        https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Working...
                        X