UG008B (geekbuying)

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has the stock firmware for this device

Thanks

I need it to. Please, help!!

Comment

Originally posted by rolimat View Post
      I need it to. Please, help!!
      I found this one that works ok. The zip contains 2 roms, use the htc T008 version.

Comment

Originally posted by nipper View Post
        I found this one that works ok. The zip contains 2 roms, use the htc T008 version.

http://upload.sunsky-online.com/res/...s/EAT-0187.zip

Thank you so much, I will flash it this evening and I hope this time wifi works correct.

Also I found this firmware at geekbuy firmware section:

Comment

Thank you so much, I will flash it this evening and I hope this time wifi works correct.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vuabui8ig...c_20130201.rar
          have you tried it? 4.2 or newer?

Comment

Originally posted by xbmk View Post
            have you tried it? 4.2 or newer?
            Nope, I haven't tried it yet. I going to flash it this night (after work). I will post here the result. Also I've to say that my device is not a UG008B but Im almost sure it's a clone. Also it has printed on PCB the reference HTC_T008 so I guess it will work

Comment

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vuabui8ig...c_20130201.rar
              I already tried this one and it didn't work for me, maybe it will work for you.

Comment

Could you, please, upload to mega or other share website the rom I posted?? I cant download it because dropbox has disabled the account

EDIT: I found this mirror http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=2754325804

Comment

None of them worked for me. Seems that ethernet works but wifi doesnt Both are 4.2 versions

Can anyone help me? This is my device:

Comment

None of them worked for me. Seems that ethernet works but wifi doesnt Both are 4.2 versions
                    So they both booted ok, just without wifi
                    Have you looked at the wifi chip to see the manufacturer?

Mine is MediaTak MT5931SA, the PCB is HTC T008 ver.2

Comment

WIFI chip is AP6210. I didnt realize that! I will try with this firmware from finless which seems to work with this chip

Inspiriert von dieser Quelle (ACHTUNG: Läuft nicht auf dem MK808b/ap6210) habe ich das Finless2.1 für den Original MK808 leicht modifiziert. Die Änderungen waren so gering, das alle Ehre weiterhin Finless zukommt, Download: Finless2.1 Mk808b-Ap6210 Wifi ok BT ok Root ok Flashen wie...

Did you search firmware compatible with your chip¿?

Comment

WIFI chip is AP6210. I didnt realize that! I will try with this firmware from finless which seems to work with this chip

Inspiriert von dieser Quelle (ACHTUNG: Läuft nicht auf dem MK808b/ap6210) habe ich das Finless2.1 für den Original MK808 leicht modifiziert. Die Änderungen waren so gering, das alle Ehre weiterhin Finless zukommt, Download: Finless2.1 Mk808b-Ap6210 Wifi ok BT ok Root ok Flashen wie...

Did you search firmware compatible with your chip¿?
                        You might be better off trying the MK819 rom, I think that has drivers for the AP6210 chip and seems a better match for your device.

I've tried a lot of different roms, some work without full functionality eg no wifi, lan or a/v ect while others won't even boot.

I was hoping to get the stock firmware's kernel.img so I could use it with Finless 1.7 imito mx1/2.
                        It needs to be kernel version 3.0.8+.

Comment

You might be better off trying the MK819 rom, I think that has drivers for the AP6210 chip and seems a better match for your device.

I've tried a lot of different roms, some work without full functionality eg no wifi, lan or a/v ect while others won't even boot.

I was hoping to get the stock firmware's kernel.img so I could use it with Finless 1.7 imito mx1/2.
                          It needs to be kernel version 3.0.8+.
                          I've downloaded some firmwares for AP6210 and RK3066 so this night I will try them and see what happens. So, if I find a stock firmware kernel that works fine with my device can I flash Finless rom? Then I should flash all items from Finless rom except kernel, right? Im very interested in flashing a Finless rom so I can use my smartphone to control TV

Other option Im thinking is to install Picuntu or other linux version

Thanks!

Comment

I've downloaded some firmwares for AP6210 and RK3066 so this night I will try them and see what happens. So, if I find a stock firmware kernel that works fine with my device can I flash Finless rom? Then I should flash all items from Finless rom except kernel, right? Im very interested in flashing a Finless rom so I can use my smartphone to control TV

Other option Im thinking is to install Picuntu or other linux version

Thanks!
                            Yeah, should be fine as long as the kernel versions are the same

Comment

Finally it works!!! I flashed this firmware MK808b-ap6210 Finless 2.1 ROM and it works perfect. The only problem is that AV output is not detected and I needed it so I've decided to give it to my parents (they have a tv with HDMI) and I've ordered a Measy U2C for me which has support for TVs with PAL system (at the begining my problem was that my TV Box seems that doesnt support PAL and I watched it on black and white).

Thank you so much for the help guys!! This forum rocks!

Comment

Working...
                              X