PMID701i Not Getting Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMID701i Not Getting Internet

My PMID701i is not getting on the internet. It either says Obtaining IP Address or either Saved and Secured With WEP but will not get me online at all. Sometimes it says Avoided Poor Internet Connection. I know the internet connection is okay cuz my Moms puter works fine on it and so does my PMID4311. I tried doing a total hard reset where it removed everything and I had to reinstall. Which was a real pain. Still no go. Anyone else having the same problem? Anyone know how I can fix it? Tablet works fine otherwise.
    Tablets: Polaroid PMID 701i, PMID 4311, Zeki 10" tablet

"God Loves You"- Arlo Guthrie

I tried getting online with it at McDonald's and it works there just fine. My PMID 4311 works just fine on the wifi here at home. I tried to delete the wifi connection for home on my PMID 701i and no go. I am still as to what to do to get this thing running on the internet here at home. Frustrating.

Comment

Try restarting your home WIFI router!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I had done that and still no go. So still stumped here.

Comment

It may be the wep security protocol. Change the router to WPA or wpa2. You could also try WiFi connection manager app.Wep is the oldest and least secure, but when changing the router settings you have to reset each device that uses that WiFi. Consult the manual or look it up on the web to find the IP address you enter in a browser to access router setup.

Comment

Thanks. I'll have to look up online how to do that and see if that works or not.

Comment

I looked up online on how to find the ip address of the router and tried to do what it said. But when you put the ip address of the router in the address bar of the browser like you are supposed to it does nothing. I have no idea how to correct it. Sigh.

Comment

Read the manual for the router, there should also be a wps - WiFi protected setup - method to connect and a Mac address method. In WiFi connection manager menu there is also an option to fix WiFi problems with 3 options to try.

On my router, the address is something like 192.168.1.254 entered into a browser window. Then to change anything you need the default password if it wasn't changed.

For wps, there should be a button you press on the router, a wps pin number on the router label, and on the tablet goto settings/WiFi/advanced/ and it's not there! WiFi connection manager does wps, try that. but not this elektrik ROM I'm using.(not his fault, modified stock)

The Mac address method is also done from within the router menu, I think.

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have a manual for the router and when I type in the ip address thingy on the computer it does nothing. I may have to email my cousins computer tech friend who installed the router and see if he knows what the problem is and can tell me what to do.

Comment

Try this first. Look for wps pin on router label if it won't connect using this app.

Comment

Working...
                    X