Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix slow performance on Finless 1.6

Hello,

I got the Minix X7 in order to serve as a fully featured HTPC for my home theatre system, but after a bit of testing, I'm a bit underwhelmed. I've tried playing standard definition Netflix videos and the system seems to have quite a bit of stutter / low frame rate compared to my old laptop PC. It just doesn't look as smooth.

I initially tried using stock firmware, which seemed slow, then flashed to Finless 1.6, and I've tried 1080x60hz and 720x60hz and they both seem fairly low frame rate in Netflix. Anyone know how to improve performance of Netflix? Or do I have something set up incorrectly?

Thanks,
    Shawn

I know what you mean, i'm having the same problems. It looks like it's Netflix related in combination with the X7. Especially horizontal movement is hard. My 'old' samsung tab 10.1 seems to be doing fine, smooth video, no lipsync issues etc.

Did you try to install the mx player and enable the HW+ decoding for streams? It seems to profit from it.

It would be great if users post their working setup? Rom + netflix version

Comment

I have been using netflix quite a bit on the X7 and have great performance. Netflix scales and frame rate is adjusted based on network or wifi performance. So check that area. Change wifi channels on your router etc, etc etc.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

i found the newer versions to be a bit sluggish.
        i am using an older version here that works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          I have been using netflix quite a bit on the X7 and have great performance.
          Bob
          Hey Bob,

First off, thanks for your work! Could you share which rom + netflix version u are using?

Thx,

Ruud

Comment

Working...
          X