X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloatware free PMID701C ROM

Changelog:
    Removed all bloatware apps,(kobo, AOL, etc)
    Phone.apk is removed.
    Full system rw access and / rw access.
    Superuser, Market, and Talk are installed.
    Custom boot screen made by ArtistLogic.

Bugs:
    N/a at the moment, comment with bug reports.

ROM DOWNLOAD

Brought to you by Team DarkStar
    Last edited by shawnbusker; 04-26-2012, 21:46.

good work

Too sweet. will be trying it soon.
    Tip your Pitsaboi

Biglots 701c
    Updated Google Play Store
    Phone.old
    Netflix v1.52
    "windows using moron"

Comment

Originally posted by pitsboi View Post
      Too sweet. will be trying it soon.
      If you want to hold out, I'll be releasing my ICS rom for the 701C soon!

Comment

Originally posted by shawnbusker View Post
        Changelog:
        Removed all bloatware apps,(kobo, AOL, etc)
        Phone.apk is removed.
        Full system rw access and / rw access.
        Superuser, Market, and Talk are installed.
        Custom boot screen made by ArtistLogic.

Bugs:
        N/a at the moment, comment with bug reports.

ROM DOWNLOAD

Brought to you by Team DarkStar
        I've been wondering about something for while now, I and would like your thoughts and that of others on this.

Since this tablet doesn't have a hardware camera, how about adding in the support for the usb cameras that the linux kernel already supports in future custom roms if it acutally becomes possible?

Not that really matters all that much, since I really don't think a camera built into a tablet really is all that useful to begin with but adding something like PS2 EyeToy camera or other usb cameras that has the rather long cord attached to it would be.

Just a though.

Comment

I'd have to compile drivers for ICS, something I haven't done before. No guarantees it'll work but I'll try.

Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by shawnbusker View Post
            I'd have to compile drivers for ICS, something I haven't done before. No guarantees it'll work but I'll try. Shawn
            No big rush. It was more along the lines of a thought experiment rather than anything else. I was thinking that a usb camera attached to a tablet like the PMID701 would make for an rather interesting device if someone was really into video chatting and the like because it's cost,size and features.

Comment

Heads UP

701c bloatfree stock rom has sensor rotation inverted... 701i works with no hitch for I.

Currently dumping images to compare issues with gsensors for accelerometer

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidLimez View Post
                701c bloatfree stock rom has sensor rotation inverted... 701i works with no hitch for I.

Currently dumping images to compare issues with gsensors for accelerometer
                Hello!

Keep up the good work, folks!

I'll download these later tonight, at a place with WiFi. I have to take my brother home first.

Right now, my Internet aceess is through my 3G phone, which is unlimited, but kinda on the slow side. Now that I have a job again, I'm calling Ted Turner Cable tomorrow for their $20/month cable modem plan.

73 DE N4RPS
                Rob

Comment

Originally posted by c,lei View Post
                  No big rush. It was more along the lines of a thought experiment rather than anything else. I was thinking that a usb camera attached to a tablet like the PMID701 would make for an rather interesting device if someone was really into video chatting and the like because it's cost,size and features.
                  That WOULD be COOL. I might call ST Monday to order a TV out cable and USB gender change cable.

And, of course, to ask them where the hell our ROM images are...

73 DE N4RPS
                  Rob

Comment

Originally posted by N4RPS View Post
                    That WOULD be COOL. I might call ST Monday to order a TV out cable and USB gender change cable.

And, of course, to ask them where the hell our ROM images are...

73 DE N4RPS
                    Rob
                    They are being fabricated on Shawn's computer as we speak, I thought we all knew that

Comment

Original PMID701C Image?

Where can one download the original Image for the PMID701C just in case something goes wrong with this custom version or one desides to return it to Biglots because they changed their mind or has to send the unit back for replacement since I'm sure putting a non approved Image on the tablet voids the warranty. If you can restore to the original Image then they would never know you changed it at one time.

Thanks

Comment

This is the only one available

Originally posted by daldude View Post
                        Where can one download the original Image for the PMID701C just in case something goes wrong with this custom version or one desides to return it to Biglots because they changed their mind or has to send the unit back for replacement since I'm sure putting a non approved Image on the tablet voids the warranty. If you can restore to the original Image then they would never know you changed it at one time.

Thanks
                        Just needed to look a couple stickies down for the C stock ROM
                        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...701C-Stock-Rom. If there are any differences you would need to have a serious background in Android to find them

Comment

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ROMS-by-Shawn Thread can be followed here. All of roms will be here.

Comment

Working...
                          X