Can anybody help me identify my Mini PC Tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anybody help me identify my Mini PC Tv

I got it from **** and was convinced it was an 808b or copy. However I've tried to install the finless roms and the flash tool and the alternative flash tool can't see it, even though I have USB access to the device from my laptop.

There are no reset holes to press near the hdmi port and the power supply goes in to the side of the unit, , not the mini port on the bottom next to the full size USB port.

http://www.****.co.uk/itm/1411034943...84.m1439.l2649

**** item 141103494309

It identifies as an RK30SDK device.

Thanks

Hello,

It can be a MK808b or a Clone of a MK802III.
    The Reset Hole you find of the Side where the Micro USB Port is.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      Hello,

It can be a MK808b or a Clone of a MK802III.
      The Reset Hole you find of the Side where the Micro USB Port is.

Neomode
      Thank you, I'll try the flash tool for the 802III and see if it finds something.

there is a hole there that looks like a reset hole. But nothing behind it a pin goes right through to the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by kimball View Post
        Thank you, I'll try the flash tool for the 802III and see if it finds something.

there is a hole there that looks like a reset hole. But nothing behind it a pin goes right through to the other side.
        Looking at the photos in the link you posted I would say the otg port (the port you must use to flash the stick) is the one on the side of the stick next to the sd card slot..some sticks have the reset switch missing, the contacts for the switch might be on the pcb bored so you may still be able to get it into flash mode by shorting the bored..
        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
          Looking at the photos in the link you posted I would say the otg port (the port you must use to flash the stick) is the one on the side of the stick next to the sd card slot..some sticks have the reset switch missing, the contacts for the switch might be on the pcb bored so you may still be able to get it into flash mode by shorting the bored..
          Bizarrely the reset switch is on the side, about 3ml up from the hole! nice construction.

I've tried flashing just about about all the 808b and 802IIIs roms but just seem to have bricked it

Not really sure what else to try?

It sometimes boots but locks as soon as I plug the USB mouse in and no light from mouse. I'll keep trying roms but think it's dead.

Comment

Originally posted by kimball View Post
            Bizarrely the reset switch is on the side, about 3ml up from the hole! nice construction.

I've tried flashing just about about all the 808b and 802IIIs roms but just seem to have bricked it

Not really sure what else to try?

It sometimes boots but locks as soon as I plug the USB mouse in and no light from mouse. I'll keep trying roms but think it's dead.

Oh dear sorry to hear your not having much luck it can be a bit hit & miss with the clones. hears a few to try http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inless-ROM-1-7

Just keep trying all the Dual Core roms you have nothing to loose now,If you can get the device into flash mode its not all over theres still hope,Good luck

May be you could post some photos of the inside of your stick both sides & maybe someone can identify it
            Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
              Oh dear sorry to hear your not having much luck it can be a bit hit & miss with the clones. hears a few to try http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...inless-ROM-1-7

Just keep trying all the Dual Core roms you have nothing to loose now,If you can get the device into flash mode its not all over theres still hope,Good luck

May be you could post some photos of the inside of your stick both sides & maybe someone can identify it
              Yes I'll get some photos. Thanks.looks a lot more like the 802iiis inside than the 808!

state it's in now is I can get it in flash mode, but run fails, normally on writing but sometimes on verfying.

i can get it in mask rom mode and erase, but then it fails exactly the se way. Maybe a corrupt NAND?
              Last edited by kimball; 11-25-2013, 07:53.

Comment

Working...
              X