PMID701C opened itself up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMID701C opened itself up

Just signed up on here to see if anyone experienced this with a PMID701C. I bought this last year from Big Lots and gave it as a gift to my sister in Hungary. I just got an email with 2 pics showing the tablet opened itself up last night, and there is a nasty looking envelope thing instead of the battery which swelled up and 2 forgotten screws by the manufacturer made it possible for the table to open itself up.
    I am bummed, just wonder if anyone knows what is in there. Thanks. Edith
    Attached Files

Hello,

For me it´s looking like the Battery is Blown Up.
    You need replacing it.
    Please do not use or Charge this Device anymore !

Neomode

Comment

Thanks Neomode, what kind of battery is in there, do you know? Model number and so on? And anyone has idea why the battery is bundled into an envelope like thing? Thanks. Edith

PS. Not like the table would work anyway, it is toast!

Comment

It is a Special Type of Battery they use. Think Lipo or something like that.
        Think when you remove the Battery and only connect the Charger the Tablet might be Work.
        May this Battery can Work http://www.****.com/itm/5000mAH-Li-i...-/221265997625

Neomode

Comment

I just learned that because the tablet would not hold a charge anymore it was sitting abandoned for 2 months unused and uncharged on a shelf when it blew up. Well, that is scary!

Comment

Originally posted by edithsz View Post
            I just learned that because the tablet would not hold a charge anymore it was sitting abandoned for 2 months unused and uncharged on a shelf when it blew up. Well, that is scary!
            Yikes! definitely battery blown....don't know where you can get a new battery though other than the link Neo said...if you don't find a new battery, give it to me-I'll use it for parts hehe.
            https://public.bay.livefilestore.com...ion.png?psid=1

Comment

Polaroid wants it too, but shipping it back and forth is almost as much as buying a new one and I am telling ya I that the new tablet would have a different name on it than Polaroid for sure!

Comment

Thanks Neo for the battery link...

Comment

Polaroid wants it too, but shipping it back and forth is almost as much as buying a new one and I am telling ya I that the new tablet would have a different name on it than Polaroid for sure!
                  ...wonder if Polaroid wants it back to avoid a lawsuit....

Comment

Guys, good news! After spending some time on the phone with C/S in India and getting nowhere, asked for a supervisor and got a case number, then I posted on the polaroid facebook website the story of the pmid701c and guess what, someone contacted me and sent me a new polaroid s10. Also for "testing purposes" they would want the old tablet to get back to them and they are sending prepaid postage to Hungary for that to my sister. Wow, it really pays off to complain on public sites as you get heard and still the US customer service is the best on earth.

Comment

Guys, good news! After spending some time on the phone with C/S in India and getting nowhere, asked for a supervisor and got a case number, then I posted on the polaroid facebook website the story of the pmid701c and guess what, someone contacted me and sent me a new polaroid s10. Also for "testing purposes" they would want the old tablet to get back to them and they are sending prepaid postage to Hungary for that to my sister. Wow, it really pays off to complain on public sites as you get heard and still the US customer service is the best on earth.
                      Ya....I'm thinking lawsuit avoidance....lol!

Comment

I am sure elektrik that you are right on that one...

Comment

Working...
                        X