Tronsmart Prometheus 4G IR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart Prometheus 4G IR

Just got 8 units from Geekbuying and they seem to now have 2 different builds of the 4G version, 1 with IR photodiode fitted and 1 without.
    Anybody know which Vishay photodiode they use in their units ??
    i.e. the TSOP device number - thanks

Originally posted by bbhs View Post
    Just got 8 units from Geekbuying and they seem to now have 2 different builds of the 4G version, 1 with IR photodiode fitted and 1 without.
    Anybody know which Vishay photodiode they use in their units ??
    i.e. the TSOP device number - thanks
    I noticed this too. Kind of annoying, I'm just going to buy a flirc.

Comment

Sorted with the IR just fitted a rx unit 38Khz - works a treat with the new remote conf file and android remote.
      Very usable with the latest tile style UI.

Comment

How would I know if my Prometheus has a IR receiver or not?
        I mean, without having to open the case.
        In case it has an IR receiver, how do I set it up for using an IR remote that have here?
        Cheers
        Tronsmart "Prometheus" VS-ATV-106
        Dualcore 8726-M6 @ 1.5GHz - 1GB RAM 8GB iSD
        Finless ROM 1.3 - Android 4.2.2
        XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Originally posted by john3voltas View Post
          How would I know if my Prometheus has a IR receiver or not?
          I mean, without having to open the case.
          In case it has an IR receiver, how do I set it up for using an IR remote that have here?
          Cheers
          You would have to have the working remote.conf file that works with your remote and drop that file in the system/etc folder off the root.
          Depending on the remote you have it may or may not have most of the remote functions working - I found that the single core Slav / Midnight box remotes work the best, most keys work - only one funny, to come out of standby you press the Music button but apart from that all main functions keys work fine - remote like the one below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AndroidRemote.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	431635Click on the image to enlarge.

Once you have uploaded the working conf file for your remote and rebooted the unit the remote should work if it does not then maybe you do not have the IR rx fitted - it is easy to open and visually check though.
          Last edited by bbhs; 12-27-2013, 13:32.

Comment

This is the remote IR rx position on the attached image - hope it helps

Click image for larger version

Name:	IR Position.png
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	431636Click on the image to enlarge.
            Last edited by bbhs; 12-27-2013, 13:35.

Comment

So there's no menu or App that I can run and use to check if the IR receiver is there, right?
              Anyone knows where can I buy a cheap USB IR receiver? Just the receiver because I have a spare remote control from an old set top box.

But let's pretend that my unit has such an IR receiver.
              How can I learn the codes that my remote is sending so that I can build a remote.conf file? Is there a wiki explaining how that is done?
              Cheers
              Tronsmart "Prometheus" VS-ATV-106
              Dualcore 8726-M6 @ 1.5GHz - 1GB RAM 8GB iSD
              Finless ROM 1.3 - Android 4.2.2
              XBMC v13 RC1

Comment

Sorted with the IR just fitted a rx unit 38Khz - works a treat with the new remote conf file and android remote.
                Very usable with the latest tile style UI.
                Are you able to tell us which part number in particular please?

Comment

Originally posted by rocurs View Post
                  Vishay TSOP34838, top marking will be VS838. It's a common standard issue 38khz IR receiver with a wide voltage range (not a simple diode). ~$1.50.

This all depends on if the Boxes shipped without IR sensors have the same firmware without changes, and with the passives needed for the IR sensor. BBHS seems to imply that it does, since he just added a sensor and it worked.

If you do add one in, please take some pictures and/or make a instructional video. It would help many people

Originally posted by john3voltas View Post
                  But let's pretend that my unit has such an IR receiver.
                  How can I learn the codes that my remote is sending so that I can build a remote.conf file? Is there a wiki explaining how that is done?
                  Cheers
                  To check to see if the IR is there, or working, point a few remotes at the Prometheus and press some buttons. Then run as root
                  Code:
                  dmesg | grep "code is 0x"
                  [ 5094.377000] Wrong custom code is 0xXXYYZZZZ
                  [ 5095.872000] Wrong custom code is 0xef109c21
                  [ 5097.694000] Wrong custom code is 0xee119c21

You should get something like the above. That means A, the IR sensor is there, B, the /etc/remote.conf file is loaded (and with Debug mode enabled), and C, the system saw some NEC coded remotes.

As for instructions on how to use the IR Remote, see: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...board-with-IR)

You would have to have the working remote.conf file that works with your remote and drop that file in the system/etc folder off the root.
                  Depending on the remote you have it may or may not have most of the remote functions working - I found that the single core Slav / Midnight box remotes work the best, most keys work - only one funny, to come out of standby you press the Music button but apart from that all main functions keys work fine - remote like the one below.

Once you have uploaded the working conf file for your remote and rebooted the unit the remote should work if it does not then maybe you do not have the IR rx fitted - it is easy to open and visually check though.
                  Wait, so you press the Power button, the box powers off (Red light only), then you use the Music button and it comes back up? Does it reboot (show the boot images again) or what? Mind sending me your /etc/remote.conf and /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl ? I need to see if I can replicate that

Comment

Originally posted by rocurs View Post
                    Looks like any 38Khz unit is o.k (IRM-3638 is on the circuit diagram to check pinouts)
                    The remote is one like the unit mentioned previously in the Thread and I can send you the conf file if required - I managed to buy the remotes in Qty from China for the units I purchased from Geekbuying.
                    Has you unit got an IR rx fitted ??
                    Last edited by bbhs; 01-11-2014, 13:58.

Comment

Originally posted by cde View Post
                      Vishay TSOP34838, top marking will be VS838. It's a common standard issue 38khz IR receiver with a wide voltage range (not a simple diode). ~$1.50.

This all depends on if the Boxes shipped without IR sensors have the same firmware without changes, and with the passives needed for the IR sensor. BBHS seems to imply that it does, since he just added a sensor and it worked.

If you do add one in, please take some pictures and/or make a instructional video. It would help many people

To check to see if the IR is there, or working, point a few remotes at the Prometheus and press some buttons. Then run as root
                      Code:
                      dmesg | grep "code is 0x"
                      [ 5094.377000] Wrong custom code is 0xXXYYZZZZ
                      [ 5095.872000] Wrong custom code is 0xef109c21
                      [ 5097.694000] Wrong custom code is 0xee119c21

You should get something like the above. That means A, the IR sensor is there, B, the /etc/remote.conf file is loaded (and with Debug mode enabled), and C, the system saw some NEC coded remotes.

As for instructions on how to use the IR Remote, see: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...board-with-IR)

Wait, so you press the Power button, the box powers off (Red light only), then you use the Music button and it comes back up? Does it reboot (show the boot images again) or what? Mind sending me your /etc/remote.conf and /system/usr/keylayout/Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl ? I need to see if I can replicate that
                      Yes no reboot just press music to come out of standby - PM sent to you I have the files to send you.
                      Regarding the IR rx I have the cct diagram for the Tronsmart and the component number is IRM-3638 but I have fitted at least 3 different types including Sharp ones and they all work including the cheap **** 10 for £0.99 ones VS1838
                      Last edited by bbhs; 01-11-2014, 13:51.

Comment

Working...
                      X