Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to root The CS968/CR11S NO PASSWORD REQURIED (EASY ROOT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to root The CS968/CR11S NO PASSWORD REQURIED (EASY ROOT)

The CS968/CR11S Quad Core Google Android TV BOX Can Be Rooted Via The Instructions Below ....

June 22, 2013 Thanks To Eric Android TV Stick/ TV BOX

*NO PASSWORD REQUIRED

Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your CS968/CR11S (Settings -> Developer Options)
    Connect your CR11S to a Windows PC via the mini USB port. (now only support rooted via Windows PC, no linux or Mac)
    Your PC should detect a new device, and try to install the driver. You can download the driver HERE http://www.mediafire.com/download/55...CR11s_root.zip ... The RK3188_ROOT.rar unzip password is GEEKBUYING.COM in capital letters ... Drivers are included ...!
    After having installed the driver, download HERE RK3188_ROOT.rar , and extract the files ...
    Click “ TPSparkyRoot.bat” and follow the instructions. After 2 reboot, your device should be rooted. If not rooted do a third reboot that should do it ....
    Last edited by Tech1; 12-07-2013, 00:44.

CS968/CR11S Root Tool

Using this root tool now requires no password, get the Root.zip Here http://www.mediafire.com/download/55...CR11s_root.zip ....

Comment

Tested ON The CR11S/CS968

Just to let everybody know, I test the above root method on both the CR11S and the CS968, works like a charm ...

Comment

Connecting the box to the PC

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
        Just to let everybody know, I test the above root method on both the CR11S and the CS968, works like a charm ...
        I want to root my CS968 Box, but I can't seem to get my computer to recognize it. I've plugged it into the OTG USB port as well as non-OTG. While it seems to power the box on, the computer (running Windows 8) doesn't see it.
        Any advice please?
        Thanks.

UPDATE: I held the reset button and plugged the box into the pc. It shows it's installed on device manager, and drivers are updated. However, the TPSparkyboot tool says it cannot find my device. Please help. Without root, the device is kinda lame!
        Last edited by drdev99; 12-18-2013, 18:00.

Comment

Drivers

Originally posted by drdev99 View Post
          I want to root my CS968 Box, but I can't seem to get my computer to recognize it. I've plugged it into the OTG USB port as well as non-OTG. While it seems to power the box on, the computer (running Windows 8) doesn't see it.
          Any advice please?
          Thanks.
          You must install the Windows 8 drivers first and foremost, they are included in the package ....

Comment

You must install the Windows 8 drivers first and foremost, they are included in the package ....
            The box is connected, the drivers you posted are installed. The TPSparky boot does not find the device. What can I do?

UPDATE:
            I flashed a new ROM using the Rockchip Batch tool from this thread:
            Here is the instruction for how to update firmware on K-R42 quad core tv box: 1 Download the stock firmware from blog.geekbuying.com; Download flash tool Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b9ckxat6t4cw5qc Password: GEEKBUYING.COM Drivers you might need can download here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yqxz3wnqi2hpmcm 2 Power on the K-R42 tv box with the power adapter in package; 3. Unzip the flash tool […]

The new ROM is apparently pre-rooted! http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p..._Wizard_Smooth

Anyway, I've done Root check and it seems I'm good to go!
            thanks for your help.
            Last edited by drdev99; 12-18-2013, 20:16.

Comment

Originally posted by drdev99 View Post
              The box is connected, the drivers you posted are installed. The TPSparky boot does not find the device. What can I do?

UPDATE:
              I flashed a new ROM using the Rockchip Batch tool from this thread:
              Here is the instruction for how to update firmware on K-R42 quad core tv box: 1 Download the stock firmware from blog.geekbuying.com; Download flash tool Here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b9ckxat6t4cw5qc Password: GEEKBUYING.COM Drivers you might need can download here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yqxz3wnqi2hpmcm 2 Power on the K-R42 tv box with the power adapter in package; 3. Unzip the flash tool […]

The new ROM is apparently pre-rooted! http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p..._Wizard_Smooth

Anyway, I've done Root check and it seems I'm good to go!
              thanks for your help.
              The reason you could not connect your Android TV box to your computer, because you did not have the proper connection parameters set up correctly ... As it states above, the first thing you want to do, go into the Settings> Developers options> and check mark the block "USB debugging", a pop up will appear, "Allow USB debugging?", click on "OK" .... Next, while in the Settings area, go to "Storage" click on it, and click on the three (3) dots in the far upper right corner, a pop up will appear, "USB computer connection", click on it and make sure "Mass Storage" (Use Mass Storage to share files) make sure the block is checked mark .... Next go to "USB", still in the Settings area and check mark the block "Connect to PC", while your Android TV box is connected to your computer via a "USB" connection (Make Sure Your USB Cable Is Connected via The USB Port Connection beside the "Micro SD Card Slot" On Your Android TV Box") use this USB port connection ONLY ... If you use any of the other three (3) USB port connections, your Android TV box will not connect to your computer ... With all the parameters and the USB cable connected correctly, open "TPSparky" it will start to run ... Your Android TV box will reboot three (3) times, but each time it reboots, you must reconnect the USB connection with your computer, after your Android TV box has fully rebooted ALL THE WAY UP ... Go back to Settings> "USB" and check mark the block "Connect to PC" again ... You will do this very same process, the next time your Android TV box reboots ... You must make a new USB conrection, after each time your Android TV box reboots ... Your computer should make a sound, letting you know the USB connection has been established, between your Android TV box and your computer ... Again, your Android TV box will reboot three(3) times, then it will be rooted ... Install the free app "Root Checker" to make sure your Android TV box is rooted, also you should see the app "Superuser" .... You might want to install the app "Root Explorer" too ... If you have anymore problems, get back with me ASAP ...

Comment

Thank you for such a great explanation! You've been VERY helpful.

Comment

The reason you could not connect your Android TV box to your computer, because you did not have the proper connection parameters set up correctly ... As it states above, the first thing you want to do, go into the Settings> Developers options> and check mark the block "USB debugging", a pop up will appear, "Allow USB debugging?", click on "OK" .... Next, while in the Settings area, go to "Storage" click on it, and click on the three (3) dots in the far upper right corner, a pop up will appear, "USB computer connection", click on it and make sure "Mass Storage" (Use Mass Storage to share files) make sure the block is checked mark .... Next go to "USB", still in the Settings area and check mark the block "Connect to PC", while your Android TV box is connected to your computer via a "USB" connection (Make Sure Your USB Cable Is Connected via The USB Port Connection beside the "Micro SD Card Slot" On Your Android TV Box") use this USB port connection ONLY ... If you use any of the other three (3) USB port connections, your Android TV box will not connect to your computer ... With all the parameters and the USB cable connected correctly, open "TPSparky" it will start to run ... Your Android TV box will reboot three (3) times, but each time it reboots, you must reconnect the USB connection with your computer, after your Android TV box has fully rebooted ALL THE WAY UP ... Go back to Settings> "USB" and check mark the block "Connect to PC" again ... You will do this very same process, the next time your Android TV box reboots ... You must make a new USB conrection, after each time your Android TV box reboots ... Your computer should make a sound, letting you know the USB connection has been established, between your Android TV box and your computer ... Again, your Android TV box will reboot three(3) times, then it will be rooted ... Install the free app "Root Checker" to make sure your Android TV box is rooted, also you should see the app "Superuser" .... You might want to install the app "Root Explorer" too ... If you have anymore problems, get back with me ASAP ...
                  I have tried several time to get my TV01 rooted with these instructions, but not having any luck. Maybe you can walk me through it, I must be missing something.....
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                    I have tried several time to get my TV01 rooted with these instructions, but not having any luck. Maybe you can walk me through it, I must be missing something.....
                    Sorry guy, but I don't know what more to tell you ... Why not just use the stock rooted ROM, same thing ....?

Comment

Sorry guy, but I don't know what more to tell you ... Why not just use the stock rooted ROM, same thing ....?
                      Where is the stock rooted rom for my TV01, I haven't found one.
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

You might be able to find it HERE http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...01-UGOOS-UG410 ....

Comment

Go here http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php.../#.UreP0Izn_IV .... If this ROM is not pre-rooted let me know and I will root it for you ...

Comment

Working...
                          X