rocksub windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rocksub windows 8.1

Have any found a way to get Rockchip Batch Tool work on windows 8.1?

Have you tried this:

"I don't think that the rockchip drivers are to blame, but the microsoft driver for the "USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller".

Replacing the microsoft driver with the intel driver (http://www.droid-now.com/2013/10/fix...ndows-8-1-x64/) in combination with adding "SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE" to the rockhip config fixes the windows 8.1 problem. Now I'm able to flash firmware in windows 8.1."

Seems that microsoft didn't deliver.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by barev View Post
      Have you tried this:

"I don't think that the rockchip drivers are to blame, but the microsoft driver for the "USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller".

Replacing the microsoft driver with the intel driver (http://www.droid-now.com/2013/10/fix...ndows-8-1-x64/) in combination with adding "SUPPORTLOWUSB=TRUE" to the rockhip config fixes the windows 8.1 problem. Now I'm able to flash firmware in windows 8.1."

Seems that microsoft didn't deliver.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

Yes and is not works for me

I also see is not only me

------
      Looks promising

I'll give a try and report back later...

Bad news, don't work on Windows 8.1 64bits

Comment

I also have one windows 8.1 pc and will try this and give feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by barev View Post
          I also have one windows 8.1 pc and will try this and give feedback.

Did it works for you?

Comment

Originally posted by hup View Post
            Did it works for you?
            Hello, yes, works fine for me as I have a laptop with the intel eXtensible Host Controller.

Comment

I found a fix at xda for non working drivers in Windows 8.1 x64 x86 after installing the usb files from Windows 8 in the zip folder RKBatchTool 1.7 found the MX2 and was able to install the 4.2.2 Rom Rikomagic.
              You have to copy the two usb files to the folder manually after franken-usb.bat renames the files.

As you all may now, Microsoft pushed the new driver stack in Windows 8.1 so ALL (not only USB 3.0) devices must provide a BOS descriptor. Sony ADB and Fastboot doesn't, so Windows fails to enumerate the device which is reported in Device Manager...

Works a treat here..

Comment

After 2 days of stuffing about finally got this working.

I have a Alienware18 Laptop with Win8.1 and wanted to flash the "mk908_422jb_finless_18" ROM which is latest Finless custom ROM for my Tronsmart MK908. To do this I and all other Rockchip RK3188 device users on Win8.1 need to install the Rockchip's Rockusb Driver. After lots of reading and lots of failed attempts following multiple suggested "solutions" online I finally stumbled onto a working one. It turns out that the problem is not with the Rockchip driver but with windows "USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver".

This was the article that put me on the right track http://www.droid-now.com/2013/10/fix...ndows-8-1-x64/

The only deviation from this solution for me was that these instructions are for the instillation of the Intel 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family Driver where as I needed the Intel 8/9/100 Series and C220/C610 Chipset Family Driver here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...%C2%AE+usb+3.0 +extensible+host+controller+driver

As a result I had to modify the iusb3hub.inf & iusb3xhc.inf for the "Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Controller-Driver-for-Intel-8-9-100-Series-and-C220-C610-Chipset-Family" install accordingly see attached
                iusb3hub.inf.txt iusb3xhc.inf.txt

Just follow the install instructions on the original article and once you have the Intel rather than the Microsoft driver installed and you connect your MK908 in ROM Flash mode to your PC windows 8.1 will automatically detect it and download and install the latest Rockusb Driver on its own, in my case version 3.70. And when you run the ROM Flash tool you should now see "Found one LOADER device" !!!

Yipppiiieeeee Finallllllyyyyyyyy talk about a simple solution but a lot of pain to get there!
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X