No announcement yet.

Extracted dual_core_netflix.img (RK3066 + AP6210) using RK3XXX Firmware Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extracted dual_core_netflix.img (RK3066 + AP6210) using RK3XXX Firmware Tools

Being curious and persistent, I ended up opening the case of the Rikomagic USA IIIS and found it is RK3066 and AP6210 Broadcom Wireless chip. Now, I cannot return it because I broke the small tabs off the cover and now the cover does not fasten securely. Anyway, now i'm on a mission to get a working custom rom.

I found this thread - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post95533

I used this tool to successfully extract the image file from the Rikomagic USA IIIS (RK3066 + AP6210). I hope that someone can use these files. More so, it would be fantasitic if Finless, snakekiller or Neomod could build one of their custom roms using the AP6210.

I will be more than glad to donate to whoever is able to help me get it working or build a working custom firmware.

As a side note, I tried to apply the kernel.img file (kernel.zip) where it was created using the CWM_kernel template file, from this extracted ROM using CWM, using snakekiller rom MK802IIIS July 4.2.2 and it appears to load off the external_sd, but still not able to enable WiFi.

I've uploaded the extracted ROM - link.

My next thing that I will be doing is trying Finless 2.1 and apply the kernel.img from the extracted ROM.

Update: WiFi and BT are both working after I replaced the kernel.img with the one from the extracted ROM on Finless 2.1 MK808B.

Flashed results image: http://sdrv.ms/IrZy8w

This kernel is here.
    Last edited by hi-phile; 12-11-2013, 15:42.

#hi-phile.
    Thanks to your efforts I was able to get wifi and BT working on my MK802IIIS with AP6210 wifi chipset.
    I also found another ROM which has a working 720 kernel and am using that instead of your 1080 kernel.
    Here is my post

Comment

great job

hi-phile
      Really great job, works like a charm, only one thing that i can tell, netflix hd has a too small subtitles and my eyes get a beautiful red while i am watching series...

Comment

Working...
      X