Building AOSP Android 2.3.7 for allwinner A10 Tablets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building AOSP Android 2.3.7 for allwinner A10 Tablets

I found this link on XDA Developers and it could help us in building roms from AOSP. It provides a good step by step and points out the packages that would be needed.

Hi! I haven't really found any kind of guides on how to build a complete AOSP android build from source (kernel and software) for Allwinner A10 tablets like the Ainol Novo 7 Advanced or the Teclast P76Ti. I have a Teclast P76TI (rev4), and the...

Already working on that at the moment. Even using the P76TI configuration, there's still a lot of work that has to be done to fix the rom to work on the 701c/701i. As for the status it's at now, it's at least five times faster than the stock 701c rom and using MX Player to play videos, I see virtually no audio or video lag at all.

Shawn
    Last edited by shawnbusker; 04-24-2012, 20:20.

Comment

If there is anything I can do to help let me know. I'm thinking about rolling my sleeves up and giving this a go myself with ICS 4.0.4

Comment

Have you made roms before? I'm having issues on my 2.3.7 rom with the Wi-Fi and the accelerometer. Neither of the drivers are working.

Edit: Downloading 4.0.4 and Froyo 2.2 sources now. Going to test both on the 701c later.

Shawn
        Last edited by shawnbusker; 04-24-2012, 23:02.

Comment

Nope never made a rom before but I have some linux background.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnbusker View Post
            Have you made roms before? I'm having issues on my 2.3.7 rom with the Wi-Fi and the accelerometer. Neither of the drivers are working.

Edit: Downloading 4.0.4 and Froyo 2.2 sources now. Going to test both on the 701c later.

Shawn
            What wifi driver are you using. I found the list of modules and drivers that this unit starts to initialize the hardware. Can you say hacked together. They are loading everything from init.sun4i.rc. Refer to that for all the drivers. Now if I can figure out how to get this in to a config.gz format, I can build a new kernel for this beast.

Comment

rtl 8192cu.ko & mma7660.ko

Shawn

Comment

About the closest we came was

I pulled a script0.bin out of the original C model we were playing with. There are many references on the web about supposedly being able to make it into a config.gz, but they were very sparse on exactly how to do it. It is in Post 30:

It is a bit iritating that it seems that making a config.gz is easy to do, if you make it while you are cooking it, butgetting it if you didn't make it while cooking the rom it seems to be quite a bit harder, or just no one has needed to so finding the info on how to do it is sparse.

Comment

Some links to ponder, found with a verbatum search of allwinner lunch

The Arpan Deb method, leads to Snowbreeze

Sztipy thread on XDA

An old thread looks like good info on first lookover on Slatedroid

Short, but gives a bit to look at in the examples

Comment

Originally posted by shawnbusker View Post
                    rtl 8192cu.ko & mma7660.ko

Shawn
                    try using rtl8150.ko for the wifi and mma7660.ko looks right
                    Last edited by droblesa; 04-28-2012, 20:50.

Comment

Working...
                    X