Kit Kat coming for Rockchip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kit Kat coming for Rockchip

I just read this in the Pipo tablet area. Lets hope this happens for TV sticks too!

Originally posted by Axios View Post
    Hi to everyone,

is it true that Rockchip (and it seems also Pipo) came to an agreement with Google to have an official release of Android 4.4 KitKat on RK3188-based devices???

If I am not mistaken, many of the latest "MAX" series of Pipo's tablets, should be based on RK3188, right?

It could be VERY interesting...

here the page (I guess in Chinese language) of the announcement:

http://www.rock-chips.com/a/cn/news/rockchip/2013/1204/437.html

"Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

great news!

Comment

Thanks Finless...Excelent News!

English Translaton:

瑞芯微专注于移动互联网、数字多媒体芯片设计,是专业的个人移动信息终端SOC解决方案供应商。瑞芯微在移动互联网领域有多个较完整的自主创新的知识产权群,为中国电子业发展做出积极努力。目前产品涵盖Android平板电脑、Android电视机顶盒(智能电视)、电子书、WIFI/蓝牙音频解决方案等

Comment

Finally! True Google dev for Rockchip? Some of it reads like it is backwards, but the meat is good. Thank you for the good news, Bob. Any chance someone here @ Freak tab will be a contributer?

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk
        Please post your h/w & s/w as signature to help community with troubleshooting problems.
        Mk802IV / AP6210 (RK3188) - SMIC717394 809III 1080p 4.4 (v2) base & default kernel w/ 4gb parameter.
        uTechsmart (Asix AX88772 chip) USB Ethernet Adapter
        iLuv iAD517 2.1A USB PS + Asus AD83531 2.0A USB PS
        Motorola 89451N BT KB + Logitech K400r 2.4GHz KB

Comment

Any info on what manufacturers will upgrade the products with 4.4 Kitkat? Because one thing, that Google did it (or, for now, the 4.4.1 is the newest), and second, that Rockchip implements it to their processors, but the final step is, that the manufacturers (Tronsmart, Minix, etc, ... ) must have to work on it (wifi, bt, drivers, etc).
          And of course, when all of it is ready, the custom ROMs can be built with newer features

Comment

KitKat on T428

I tryed the new rom from Pipo U8 Kit Kat 4.4 in my T428. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth working. Resolution 768x1024 and image upside down was the problems. http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...are-is-coming/

Comment

Tried on mk-908

I put the u8 4.4 android rom on my mk-908. Wifi did not work. Bluetooth not working. Had to get the device in landscape and change it to English. Overall it's fast and responsive but needs a few drivers and a few settings changed. I can say that 4.4 will be awesome once devices start getting roms for them and they will be faster than jelly bean.

Comment

i see what their doing there

Comment

Working...
                X