Can't start downloading files over 2gb on tvbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't start downloading files over 2gb on tvbox

i have the new cs968 with camera quad core rk3188 tvbox and whenever i try downloading files over 2gb from the internet onto my 16gb sandisk ultra micro sdhc card it gives me the error of unsuccessful downloading,, it never starts the download... i use dolphin browser to select the download directory directly to the external micro sd card. then when i hit download on any file over 2gb it never works... what is going on here? any fix? maybe something in the buildprop?

any download under 2gb works though, so yea

ive attached a photo of my micro sd card, maybe i need a different type?

ps this also happens with my old original MK808..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by amadorl608; 12-06-2013, 22:52.

Card

Can you use the sandisk utility to format the card? Just curious. Its probaly some other problem. The card looks good. But, it would be worth testing it. Did you say you used this card in another android device on another post?

Comment

Remember FAT32 format has a file size limit!
      Most sticks these days support NTFS. Format your card NTFS and then it should work.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Remember FAT32 format has a file size limit!
        Most sticks these days support NTFS. Format your card NTFS and then it should work.

Bob
        I've tried all three formats, NTFS, fat32, exfat. I will try again.

Comment

I have been unsuccessful in my attempts nothing works guys.. I have a feeling this is an issue with all TV boxes at the 8gb storage. I tried on my mk808 and it doesn't work either.. Please replicate my problem by going onto dolphin browser and directing a single download larger than 2gb to your NTFS formatted microsd card... Apart from this frustrating mess it seems dolphin browser doesnt even detect my micro sd card anymore... It must have to do with flashing something other than the original ROM that came with the cs968.. Please help as I can't live without downloading HD movies.

Comment

adownloader plus paragon

Everything Ive read out there tells me there is a 4gb download limit in android.
            But, there is a app on playstore made by paragon. (Just search paragon, you will find it). Right now I am downloading a 15 gb avatar video by way of these two apps. One is a adownloader(torrent client) and using paragon to mount a 1 Tb external HD. The HD is formatted to NTFS. I dont know if paragon will work with a sd card? But, it sure works with ext. HD"s Btw, both apps are free. So if you can hook up a ext. HD....It works

Comment

Originally posted by peety View Post
              Everything Ive read out there tells me there is a 4gb download limit in android.
              But, there is a app on playstore made by paragon. (Just search paragon, you will find it). Right now I am downloading a 15 gb avatar video by way of these two apps. One is a adownloader(torrent client) and using paragon to mount a 1 Tb external HD. The HD is formatted to NTFS. I dont know if paragon will work with a sd card? But, it sure works with ext. HD"s Btw, both apps are free. So if you can hook up a ext. HD....It works
              i dont see the point of paragon, with or without paragon, dolphin browser still wont detect my ntfs flash drive or microsd card as an option to save and download to. I am now on the minix neo x7 and i am still faced with this issue even after flashnig the new 1.8 finless rom for it...

i have found a workaround, it requires copying the link address of the file i want to download from the browser and pasting it to ES file explorers download manager which allowed me to set my download directory to whatever storage i want... it works perfect, but as you can see an extra step... why cant dolphin broswer just detect it? and even when dolphin browser did detect it, it always cut me off at 2gb limit on an ntfs formatted storage..

Please replicate my issue by following what i say below:

here is a direct download to an mkv file about 6.48gb in size http://goo.gl/MyKj4g using dolphin browser click the link and try directing the download to an external storage.. that is if you even succeed to get to that point since dolphin browser might just feel like not detecting your external storages.. and even if you get past that, it will just give you an unsuccessful download error as soon as you commence it. this has been a big headache for something that works flawlessly on my nexus devices or any other android phone or tablet for that matter... why not tv boxes?

Comment

Browser

Originally posted by amadorl608 View Post
                i dont see the point of paragon, with or without paragon, dolphin browser still wont detect my ntfs flash drive or microsd card as an option to save and download to. I am now on the minix neo x7 and i am still faced with this issue even after flashnig the new 1.8 finless rom for it...

i have found a workaround, it requires copying the link address of the file i want to download from the browser and pasting it to ES file explorers download manager which allowed me to set my download directory to whatever storage i want... it works perfect, but as you can see an extra step... why cant dolphin broswer just detect it? and even when dolphin browser did detect it, it always cut me off at 2gb limit on an ntfs formatted storage..

Please replicate my issue by following what i say below:

here is a direct download to an mkv file about 6.48gb in size http://goo.gl/MyKj4g using dolphin browser click the link and try directing the download to an external storage.. that is if you even succeed to get to that point since dolphin browser might just feel like not detecting your external storages.. and even if you get past that, it will just give you an unsuccessful download error as soon as you commence it. this has been a big headache for something that works flawlessly on my nexus devices or any other android phone or tablet for that matter... why not tv boxes?
                Im on my phone right now. Huge pain to type. Will be home monday. Yes I know all about the browser issue. It is a knowen problem. I really dont care about it. The movies I download are torrents. I do not care to replicate that issue. I have already tried. Its rare that I would need to download anything that large in a android browser. Thanks, but I will stick to torrents. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X