X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[HELP] J21 rom

Hi all,
    I buy this device:

with Mediatek MT5931 wifi and Bluetooth chip Mediatek MT6622.

I install finless rom but wifi doesn't work.
    Do you know a compatible rom?

This Rom should Work i think.

Neomode

Comment

Thanks youuuu it works!!!!

Comment

hello everyone.

I registred to this fórum since this was the only post I found about this J21 Android TV.

I bought from here:

and i have the wifi problem,i cant connect it!

How can I install the rom? i cant get the dongle to use the MASS STORAGE DEVICE mode to use the rockchip tool. and i also have problems to get root for the device.

info about the android version:
        Model number: rk30mtk
        android:4.2.2
        Baseband versio: Unknown
        Kernel:3.0.36+
        Build number: build number rk30mtk-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.arron.20130516.110403 test-keys

thank you very much in advance!

Comment

Loocking for a compatible ROM

I bought the same a J21 with RK3066 chip and I'm looking for a compatible custom ROM with rooting acces.

I will prefer kitkat, but any 4.2.2 and over will be appreciated.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by circusman View Post
            hello everyone.

I registred to this fórum since this was the only post I found about this J21 Android TV.

I bought from here:

and i have the wifi problem,i cant connect it!

How can I install the rom? i cant get the dongle to use the MASS STORAGE DEVICE mode to use the rockchip tool. and i also have problems to get root for the device.

info about the android version:
            Model number: rk30mtk
            android:4.2.2
            Baseband versio: Unknown
            Kernel:3.0.36+
            Build number: build number rk30mtk-eng 4.2.2 JDQ39 eng.arron.20130516.110403 test-keys

thank you very much in advance!
            Originally posted by mallox View Post
            I bought the same a J21 with RK3066 chip and I'm looking for a compatible custom ROM with rooting acces.

I will prefer kitkat, but any 4.2.2 and over will be appreciated.

Thanks for your help
            Greeting mallox and circus. Please try the android 4.4.2 Kit Kat ROM here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Fully-Working)

If you need any help doesn't hesitate to post in that thread for assistance. Myself or some of the other helpful posters will be eager to assist. Good luck and hope to hear it works well for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
              Greeting mallox and circus. Please try the android 4.4.2 Kit Kat ROM here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Fully-Working)

If you need any help doesn't hesitate to post in that thread for assistance. Myself or some of the other helpful posters will be eager to assist. Good luck and hope to hear it works well for you.
              Thanks

I try to flash and root using RKBatchTool1.5en and Kingo root 1.2.2 from a windows 7 x64 and using the driver from RKBatchTool but windows show problem with driver and neither of the program recognise the device. So I can't proceed with rom flash. I try the with and without the device in debug mode and plug to a TV.

Device: J21 with RK3066

Any advice to what I might do wrong?

Comment

Not sure ... driver issues can be tricky. I usually recommend users try RKBatchTool 2.1 when flashing ROMs. Don't hesitate to post if you still have problems

Comment

Not sure ... driver issues can be tricky. I usually recommend users try RKBatchTool 2.1 when flashing ROMs. Don't hesitate to post if you still have problems
                  Thanks again for your help Shomari

I did manage to flash the ROM using
                  -RK_DriverAssitant instead of manual driver
                  -RockChip Batch Tool v1.7

Now I also want to flash the kernel by your version but can't seem to found an How-to... Would you care to give me the step?

Stuck the player was playing HD quality video with so much clipping that it was impossible to watch. My goal is to watch 720p smooth video and if possible with XBMC. So as my TV don't go above 720p would a by better with a 720p kernel? and do you have a good 720p compatible kernel?

THANKS again for all your help

Comment

Originally posted by mallox View Post
                    Thanks again for your help Shomari

I did manage to flash the ROM using
                    -RK_DriverAssitant instead of manual driver
                    -RockChip Batch Tool v1.7

Now I also want to flash the kernel by your version but can't seem to found an How-to... Would you care to give me the step?

Stuck the player was playing HD quality video with so much clipping that it was impossible to watch. My goal is to watch 720p smooth video and if possible with XBMC. So as my TV don't go above 720p would a by better with a 720p kernel? and do you have a good 720p compatible kernel?

THANKS again for all your help
                    You can flash this overclocked kernel with CWM, just download it and flash it in recovery. I use this kernel with my ROM and it plays 720p content perfectly.

LINK: http://ge.tt/8IXOyRn1/v/0?c

If you haven't flashed CWM to your stick with this ROM yet please do as follows to install CWM:

Download Arctools: https://mega.co.nz/#!zNpiSTZB!DIy4BR...aHVlfLfglAWA8I and select (OMA / CrewRKTablets) CWM Recovery 6.0.3.1 for Android 4.4.2 KitKat on RK tablets (loader Gen2) in packages. Download and install, reboot. You must select the Oma package for full CWM compatibility.

Comment

By the way, I use the official XBMC nightly 14.0 alpha builds and only enable mediacodec in HW acceleration settings for video playback.

Comment

How is the wifi signal with those two antennas, mallox? Do you get a good signal and pick up a lot of networks?

Comment

im sorry that i never replied. Thank you so much for your help.

In the meantime the problem was resolved by using other wifi network. I guesw the original was realy bad and the hotspot wasnt ideal.

Maybe ill try rooting anyway justo to try other things but for now it is working

Thank you so very much. Ill stick around cause i have other droid device that i need root

Comment

Once again thank you Shomari

Yes, the Wifi reception is quite good. I can see network that my laptop or cellphone don't, but I personally prefer using a usb-lan adapter to have a more stable connection to stream video.

I did manage to flash Kernel to Version 3.0.36+ date Jun 16 that you gave me.

But since I install the Kit Kat Rom (before and after the kernel; I was hoping it will solve the problem)
                            I don't get audio. I try the different setting (hdmi; multichannel and passthrough) as I have an audio decoder, but none work. Any chance there is a quick fix?

Secondly for the Ethernet to actually connect it take at least 15 min. that I can live with but still weird..

On the other hand, at first look it seems performing a lot more than before ... only if I could get sound!

Comment

I found your post:

This ROM carries with it a minor HDMI audio bug persistent in KitKat update.

HDMI doesn't send audio to the TV when device is resumed from standby.

To solve the issue, always resume device from standby before powering on TV. Turn device on, then turn TV on.

The audio issue is caused by Rockchip's KitKat audio kernel configuration. The device expects a specific response from the HDMI sink, if it isn't found it effectively mutes the HDMI audio by treating the device as a DVI interface. 'rk30-hdmi: warning: EDID error, assume sink as DVI'
                              but unfortunately it didn't help with my problem.

Is there another fix?

Comment

Working...
                              X